In this article, we have reviewed the best bariatric rollator walkers. If you are in a hurry, the table below gives a quick snapshot of the top 5.
According to the CDC, 42.4% of people in the US were obese in 2017-18
When combined with an inability to balance oneself, obesity can be a life-threatening condition. Thankfully there are mobility aids that can help such people in carrying out their daily activities.
Bariatric rollator walkers give heavier patients support and help them in balancing their bodies so that they can walk without taking the aid of a caregiver.
We also curated a list of our favorite accessories perfect for your bariatric rollator walker.
Let us have a look at some of the best bariatric rollator walkers, what features they should have, and answer some of the important questions that you may have about them.
Our Top Choice – OasisSpace Rollator Walker
The OasisSpace Heavy Duty Rollator Walker - Bariatric Rollator Walker with Large Seat for Seniors Support Up 450 lbs (Blue) is our top choice for best bariatric rollator walkers because of the following reasons:
- It can carry a weight of upto 500 pounds easily, making it apt for even very heavy patients.
- It has a seat made of thick, high-quality aluminum material. This makes the seat highly durable as well as strong enough to support your weight easily.
- You can rest assured that your tushy is in safe hands with a memory foam cushion built-in to the rollator.
- The adjustable height handle is made for the comfort and safety of large people. If you are really tall, you can adjust the height of this rollator between 31 and 41 inches.
- If you live in areas where the terrain is a bit rugged, you will appreciate the 8-inch wheels on this walker. The wheels have a wide 1.5 inch base for extra stability.
- The backrest is designed to give comfort to patients with back pain.
- It folds easily, so you can carry it and put it in the trunk of your car.
Best Bariatric Rollator Walkers
#1 OasisSpace Rollator Walker
The OasisSpace rollator walker with seat is made of thick, high-quality aluminum material that can support a weight of up to 500 lbs. The adjustable height handle is made for the comfort and safety of large people. The handle’s height can be adjusted from 31 inches to 41 inches. The one-hand collapse easily put into the trunk.
It is made for all-terrain and has optimum stability because of the 8-inch rugged wheels with 1 ½ inch broad base. These wheels can take you to most places while also keeping the ride smooth and stable at the same time. It has a foldable design for better storage and transport along with flexible hand brakes and thickened backrest; it weighs 26 lbs.
It has 12 months warranty for quality-related issue and efficient after-sales service.
- The OasisSpace Heavy Duty Rollator Walker with seat is made of thick, high-quality aluminum material.
- Its weight capacity is 500 lbs.
- The adjustable height handle is made for the comfort and safety of large people.
- It is made for all-terrain and has optimum stability because of the 8-inch rugged wheels with 1 ½ inch broad base.
- It has a foldable design for better storage and transport.
- Flexible hand brakes.
- Thickened backrest.
- The brakes are fragile, so use them with care.
- It weighs a little heavier because of its aluminum construction.
You may also like Best Hemi Walkers for Seniors
#2 Medline Rollator Walker
The Medline Rollator Walker comprises a strong frame made of steel that supports huge weight and smooth-rolling wheels helps the rollator walker easily roll on all surfaces.
This rollator walker can be folded flat for easy storage and transportation. It has a padded seat with a velcro pocket underneath and its dimensions are 17.5-inch x 14 inches.
The width between the handles is 23.5 inches and the handle can adjust between 31.5″ – 37.5″. The height of the seat from the floor is 22 inches.
The overall dimensions of this Medline Heavy Duty Rollator Walker are 29″ W x 44.5″ H x 29″ D, and it weighs 25 lbs.
- The Medline Bariatric Heavy Duty Rollator comprises a strong, reinforced steel frame.
- Its weight capacity is 500 lbs.
- This rollator walker can be folded for easy transportation.
- The 8-inch wheels with reinforced spokes provide extra strength and help the rollator walker easily roll on outdoor surfaces.
- This rollator walker can be folded flat for easy storage and transportation.
- The wheels of this rollator walker are a little fragile and better suited for non-rugged terrain.
#3 NOVA Rollator Walker
The NOVA Rollator Walker has a large, heavy-duty seat with a built-in and removable seat pad that can carry an optional food tray and a built-in carry handle. It’s seat dimensions are 19.75″ W x 13.25″ D with a removable front basket with handle store to carry your personal belongings. The basket dimensions are 17.25″W x 10″L x 6.5″D.
It’s equipped with the all-Terrain 8 inch rubber wheels, which are durable and great for indoor and outdoor use. All the parts have a warranty of 5 years. It is very easy to lock and park the walker with the help of a lever.
Its weight capacity is 500 lbs. The seat height is 22 inches and the handle is adjustable between 30.25″-36.25″. The width between the handles is 24 inches. Its overall dimensions are 28″ W x 26.25″ D x 36.25″ H and it weighs 24 lbs.
The NOVA rollator walker has a lifetime warranty on its frame.
- It has a large, heavy-duty seat with a built-in and removable seat pad.
- The weight capacity of this bariatric rollator walker is 500 lbs.
- It consists of an optional food tray and a built-in carry handle.
- The NOVA rollator walker has a lifetime warranty on its frame.
- It is equipped with all-Terrain 8″ rubber wheels, which are durable and great for indoor and outdoor use.
- The handle is adjustable between 30.25″-36.25″.
- It is quite challenging to keep the walker together when it is folded.
You may also like Trays and Baskets for Walkers
#4 Invacare Bariatric Rollator
The Invacare Bariartic Rollator is made of a strong steel frame that can hold tremendous weight. It features heavy duty wheels for smooth mobility on all kinds of surfaces.
It has easy to use hand brakes which provides both safety and stability. It’s seat dimensions are 18 W x 14 D inches, and the overall dimensions are 29.5 x 27 x 12 inches while it weighs 26 lbs.
- It is made of a strong reinforced steel frame.
- Its weight capacity is 500 lbs.
- It folds flat that offers easy storage and transportation.
- This rollator walker has a flip-up, padded seat and removable backrest that provides a place to sit down when needed and quickly put out of the way when not required.
- The height of the seat is not comfortable.
- The wheels are not meant for rugged terrain.
#5 Days Bariatric Rollator
The Days Bariatric Rollator has four wheels for mobility. This walker has a strong steel frame that allows added support, ideal for bariatric patients to give support and a place to sit in any location.
This bariatric rollator walker comes with a convenient storage basket. This bariatric rollator walker has a weight capacity of 700 pounds. The seat adjusts up to 39 inches.
The width between the handle is 22 inches, and the seat is at 21.5 inches of height from the ground. The seat measurements are 14″ by 18.5″; the overall dimensions are 30 x 9 x 36 inches, and it weighs 28.3 lbs.
- It has four wheels for helping the user increase or maintain mobility.
- Its weight capacity is 700 lbs.
- It has padded seats.
- Lockable hand brakes stop the walker and helps control it.
- It’s a little heavier compared to its counterparts.
- The seat is a little too high for short people.
You may also like Best Upright Walkers for Seniors
What should you look for before buying a bariatric rollator walker
It is essential for you to choose the right frame because, in the case of a bariatric rollator walker, the frame needs to be strong and rigid to withstand heavy weight without bending or breaking.
Wheels are another one of the most crucial features to look for while buying a bariatric rollator walker because to withstand heavy weight, the frame is not enough as the whole weight is primarily on the wheels itself.
Sturdy wheels is a feature that most of the bariatric rollator walkers in the market lack.
The wheels should also work equally well both indoors and outdoors in all kinds of terrains.
The video below shows how to use a rollator walker.
This feature is critical so that the buyer can set the handles’ height according to their needs. If the rollator walker that you are buying doesn’t have adjustable handles, there is no point in buying it no matter how useful the other features are.
You may also like How Safe Are Upright Walkers?
Frequently Asked Questions
Who should not use the bariatric rollator walker?
The rollator walker is great for people who need some kind of support while they are walking. If you don’t really want to use a standard walker because they need to be lifted at every step, then rollator walkers are the best choice for you. But if you have problems balancing even while standing, then maybe standard walkers are much better for you.
What is the main difference between a walker and a rollator walker?
The main difference between a rollator and a walker is that walkers are frames to support you while you are standing or walking, and you have to lift it every time you need to step forward, but rollator walkers, on the other hand, has wheels attached to it which you just need to push while walking. It is recommended not to use the rollator walker for balance while you are standing.
You may also like Upright Walker vs Rollator
In this article, we have selected the best bariatric rollator walkers based on the features mentioned in our buyer’s guide and the ratings and comments mentioned by actual users on Amazon.
In our opinion, the OasisSpace Heavy Duty Rollator Walker - Bariatric Rollator Walker with Large Seat for Seniors Support Up 450 lbs (Blue) is the best choice among the various options that we have considered because of its robust frame and wheels along with the foldable design for better storage and transport.
If you are looking for a value for money option, you can also consider the Invacare Bariatric Rollator, 500 lb. Weight Capacity, Flip-Up Padded Seat, 66550, Blue, which offers great value and features at a very reasonable price point.
While we make every effort to provide updated and correct information, the advice given in this article and website should not be construed as “medical advice”. Please consult with your physician or medical practitioner before using any bariatric rollator walker. Each individual may have his or her unique issues and your medical practitioner is the best person to decide the best bariatric rollator walkers for your case.
If you are interested in rollator walkers, you might also like to read Will Medicare Pay for Rollator Walker, and Best Rollator Walker Transport Chair Combo.
Heavier patients often tend to be taller as well. If you are looking for a tall design, you may visit our suggestions on The Best Rollator Walker for a Tall Person