We have reviewed the best plantar fasciitis night splint for small feet. If you are in a hurry, the table below gives a quick snapshot of the top 6.
Plantar fasciitis is a common medical condition, also known as “Policeman’s heel”. Chronic plantar fasciitis leads to inflammation of tissue in the heel region and the bottom of the foot and toes, which causes immense pain in the heel region. Apart from that, plantar fasciitis can also cause hip pain, and affect your walking as well as your posture.
There is significant research that indicates that Night Splints are one of the most effective and low-cost treatment therapies for Plantar Fasciitis.   
If you have smaller feet, you need to look for specialized night splints. Let us help you find the Best Plantar Fasciitis Night Splint For Small Feet
Our top Choice- Bird And Cronin Small Feet Plantar Night Splint
The Small Plantar Fasciitis Night Splint is our top choice for the best plantar fasciitis night splint for small feet. Below is why we think so:
- It is a type of boot splint; the brace’s spine is at the back of the leg and calf and runs under the foot. This provides good comfort and support to the heel
- People having small feet find a boot splint much more comfortable to wear than a dorsal splint.
- The liner and straps on this night splint are padded for extra comfort while sleeping
- There are bilateral straps which adjust the shell of the splint quickly and keep it in position so that the stretching force is applied throughout the night
- There is a non-skid pad at the bottom of the splint, which sticks to the foot, making it comfortable to walk easily when wearing them
- The splint is universal sized, it fits on either left or right feet.
- Fits women up to size 7-71/2 and men up to size 7.
Best Plantar Fasciitis Night Splint For Small Feet
#1 Bird And Cronin Small Feet Plantar Night Splint
The Bird and Cronin night splint is a corrective device for plantar fasciitis for small feet. It has a very ergonomic design, which helps in the rapid healing of the tissues.
There are very few night splints that can comfortably fit small feet, but this splint specializes in this. The straps have extra padding, which provides the user with great comfort.
The night splint is very easy to wear as the person suffering from the problem can themselves wear it. The design of the brace is universal, meaning it can easily fir both left and right feet.
The brace also has bilateral straps that help adjust to the pressure and size of the feet. The dimensions of the brace are 15 inches length, 6.1 inches width, and 5 inches height.
- It promotes Rapid regeneration of tissues and provides instant relief from the excruciating pain and agony.
- The product is priced conservatively.
- The non-Skid pad on the bottom of the splint which makes walking easier while wearing the splint.
- It maintains a 90° angle at the heel all night through dual straps help to regulate the exerting force.
- The liner and straps on this night splint are padded for extra comfort while sleeping
- There are bilateral straps which adjust the shell of the splint quickly and keep it in
- The toes might go numb due to the constant pressure on them.
- Mostly effective at night when there is no movement of the feet.
You may also like Best Foot Massager For Peripheral Neuropathy
#2 Alpha Medical Plantar Fasciitis Night Splint
Alpha Medical night splint is a dorsal type of brace for small feet. Its spine runs along with the shin muscles in this type of brace, whereas the heel and arch are left free to breathe.
This splint helps the person to maintain a 90° angle between the heel and the lower side of the foot. The splint immediately alleviates night time heel pain.
The night splint also has adjustable buckles to fit people having small feet. Sometimes people who have small feet are unable to walk while wearing such braces, but this night splint eliminates that possibility.
It passively stretches the plantar fascia and the half while the user is sleeping. The dimensions of the splint are 14.62 inches length, 11.92 inches width, and 6.02 inches height.
- Soft foam interior of the splint provides extreme comfort to the user as well as prevents the building up of heat.
- The design of the splint gently cradles the ankle in a neutral position.
- The interior shell of the brace is breathable.
- The splint is very lightweight; thus, it exerts less pressure on the heel while walking.
- Straps have triple padding to ensure immobilization and protection.
- The multipurpose device can also heal the Achilles tendon and other medical conditions.
- Do not dry clean, iron, or bleach any part of the brace.
- Foot slippage can occur if the buckles are not done properly.
#3 United Ortho Plantar Fasciitis Leg Brace
United Ortho plantar fasciitis night splint leg brace is a nice medical aid device. It has special features that helps people with small feet to recover from plantar fasciitis.
People with smaller feet usually face a problem where all the braces are very heavy and bulky, making them very uncomfortable to use. United Ortho leg brace is very lightweight as well as compact in its design.
It has a revolutionary flexion strap that gently stretches the Achilles tendon and the plantar fascia without exerting any external pressure. Its dimensions are 13.3 inches in length, 11.6 inches wide, and 4.4 inches high.
- The exterior of the brace is a sturdy one-piece shell which is also very flexible and helps in mobility.
- The interior of the brace shell has a cool foam liner and calf padding for extra comfort.
- Non-tread sole for prevention of slippage on surfaces is a very important safety feature.
- Highly adjustable straps to adjust the intensity of stretching of the feet.
- The straps can adjust from 10°-90° dorsiflexion for optimum pain relief.
- Takes some time for the user to get the habit of using the brace.
- Pressure on the toes can cause them to fall asleep.
You may also like Best Foot Massager for Arch Pain
#4 Mars Wellness Plantar Fasciitis Night Splint
The Mars Wellness splint is the ideal splint for people with small feet as it has impeccable fitting. Plantar fasciitis is a very painful medical condition that is very common all over the world.
The night splint is a very effective medical device in the curing process of this condition. It has a premium soft padding that provides extreme comfort.
The night splint is very easy to use; moreover, it also has quality Velcro to ensure that the brace fits the feet perfectly.
Its dimensions are 12.8 inches long, 9.5 inches wide, and 5.5 inches high. Plantar fasciitis is a common condition for the people who stand on their feet for long periods and especially hard surfaces.
- The leg brace is very lightweight and feels very comfortable on the feet.
- The night splint does not affect the sleeping cycle of the person as it is completely safe to sleep while wearing the brace.
- Universal design fits both left as well as right feet.
- Completely breathable fabric prevents sweat accumulation.
- It also has a wedge to adjust the flexion.
- Do not walk while wearing the brace as it may aggregate the condition.
- Over usage of the brace may cause temporary numbness and tingling of the feet.
#5 Vive Plantar Fasciitis Night Splint
The Vive night splint is a soft leg brace of the highest quality Velcro. It is the ideal splint for the night as it ensures that the splint does not affect the user while sleeping.
Its shell is rigid as well as sturdy, along with a very soft outer padding. It also has a wide range of sizes, which help people with small feet find their perfect fit. Obesity is one of the major causes of plantar fasciitis among people.
The splint maintains a neutral position, which fastens the healing and regeneration process of the tissues. Its dimensions are 15.7 inches length, 10.3 inches wide, and 4.8 inches high. The brace’s inner lining is highly breathable, which prevents skin irritation, blisters, and abrasions.
Here we have a Youtube video on how to easily wear a night splint for plantar fasciitis.
- Includes additional accessories like two soft foam stretch wedges and a soft stud massage therapy ball.
- The design of the foot brace is versatile as it fits both men and women alike.
- The brace is washable, which prevents the user from germs and infections.
- The external wedges allow the users to customize their pain relief process.
- The brace is a bit heavy as it weighs around 15.8 pounds.
- It is also an immobilizer, which makes it difficult to walk or move wearing the brace.
You may also like Best Shoe for Foot Drop
#6 Wellness Plantar Fasciitis Night Splint
The Wellness night splint is a type of dorsal leg brace that makes it less bulky and lightweight. It is a multipurpose medical device for treating plantar fasciitis, Achilles tendon iris, and other muscle rehabilitation processes depending upon your physician.
It is one of the best products for people having small feet and suffering from plantar fasciitis. This leg brace allows them proper mobility.
Its dimensions are 13.75 inches in length, 10.75 inches in width as well as 5.5 inches high. The brace has dual tension straps, which increases the flexion and the angle of the foot.
They play an important role in providing optimum pain-relieving stretch. It also has triple padding straps and buckles to ensure the safety of the patient.
- Essential treatment for plantar fasciitis as it alleviates chronic pain and reduces inflammation.
- Very easy to use and operate.
- Extremely comfortable to use at night.
- It is made of breathable fabric which keeps the feet cool and dry from sweat.
- Very lightweight as well as a sturdy outer shell.
- May cause foot slippage.
- May also cause itching and irrigation.
#7 MARS WELLNESS Comfort Dorsal Night Splint
Mars wellness is a well known name in braces and other medical equipment. This night splint is a dorsal one, and is designed for foot drop, plantar fasciitis, and Achilles tendinitis.
This is a low weight night splint (only weighs 8 ounces). Due to its lower bulk, it is a nice splint for people with smaller feet who prefer a less bulky product which does not cause them to be uncomfortable during the night.
Apart from that the dorsal design is a lot more comfortable than a posterior night splint, which becomes very difficult to walk in while wearing.
This night splint maintrains a passive stretch through the night by pulling the calf and plantar fascia from above.
- Dorsal design, more comfortable for people with smaller feet
- Lightweight night splint (weighs only 8 ounces)
- Maintains a passive or neutral stretch through the night
- Fits either foot and uses medical grade velcro
- It has a durable plastic base
- As per some users, this splint was ineffective in stopping the foot from curling during the night
- The splint has a soft bottom, which does not support the foot in dorsi-flexion.
You may also like Best AFO for Foot Drop
What should you look for before buying a night splint?
There are a few ideal characteristics which a night splint must possess:
The Ideal night splinter must not restrict the user from moving around. It can make the user always depending on external support. The ideal splint should allow the user enough movement to walk around and do their necessary chores.
The fabric of the night splint must be breathable. If the fabric is not breathable, it can lead to many ailments such as skin rashes, blisters, sweat accumulation, itching, irrigation, etc. The brace must have breathable fabric for the safety of the patient.
The outer shell of an ideal leg brace must be firm and sturdy to provide the support. A leg brace must have very strong support to help the patient walk and prevent further damage to the tissues. Regeneration, as well as the healing of the tissues, is a slow process.
Extra layers of padding
An ideal night splint also has extra layers of padding and straps to prevent immobilization of the feet. The sudden movement of feet at night or sudden jerks to the feet can certainly aggravate the injury and cause more pain.
The brace should have a firm grip on the foot at all times. Nowadays, with the advanced design of the leg braces, they can have a strong grip on the feet and prevent any further damage.
You may also like
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How long should you wear a night splint?
It depends on different people. Some can wear them overnight and reap its benefits. The more general process is to increase the usage time gradually. The gradual increase in time develops the habit of wearing the night splint.
Q: How should you sleep with plantar fasciitis?
While wearing a night splint, the user can keep a pillow to elevate the feet. This helps in the circulation of blood as well as reduces inflammation.
It is ideal for elevating the feet 6-12 inches above. Many night splints are also available in the market, which enhances the sleeping process of the user.
Q: Can you walk on a night splint?
Dorsal night splints are less bulky and lightweight, so it is easier to walk on them than boot-type night splints. Boot night splints are heavy and more uncomfortable to walk and move around.
Q: Are splints supposed to be tight?
The splint may feel very uncomfortable and tight in the initial days. This is because of the swelling and inflammation of the tissues. The swelling usually requires some time to heal properly and can cause severe pain until then.
A nigh splint helps to relieve pain and ideal for people suffering from plantar fasciitis.
In this article, we have selected the best plantar fasciitis night splint for small feet based on the features mentioned in our buyer’s guide and the ratings and comments mentioned by actual users on Amazon.
In our opinion, the Small Plantar Fasciitis Night Splint is the best choice among the various options that we have considered because it is perfect for small feet, has a padded liner and straps, a comfortable boot splint design and non skid pad at the bottom for the foot.
If you are looking for a value for money option, you can also consider the Plantar Fasciitis Posterior Night Splint - Small, which offers great value and features at a very reasonable price point.
While we make every effort to provide updated and correct information, the advice given in this article and website should not be construed as “medical advice”. Please consult with your physician or medical practitioner before using any night splint. Each individual may have his or her unique issues and your medical practitioner is the best person to decide the best plantar fasciitis night splint for your case.
If you find night splints too uncomfortable, you might want to explore the best plantar fasciitis night sock instead.
What you wear during the day is also an important contributor to rehabilitating your plantar fascia. Do read: best plantar fasciitis flip flops. If you want to read about another effective therapy for foot pain: Best Cold Massage Roller Balls