In this article, we have reviewed the best shoes for foot drop. If you are in a hurry, the table below gives a quick snapshot. Or you can scroll down for detailed product reviews.
Foot drop is a common name for difficulty in lifting the front part of the foot. This causes the toe to drag along the ground while walking.
Foot drop can happen to one or both feet at the same time. It can strike at any age.
A study showed that 8 in 10 Americans say they have experienced a foot problem this year. Many of them feel that it has negatively affected or impaired their quality of life.
It is important to find the right shoe if you are facing foot drop. Heavy shoes, while firm, will weigh down your foot.
Lighter shoes do not provide enough support. High top tennis shoes and cross-trainers which hold the ankle firmly are generally recommended. Doc martens or Mary-Jane-style shoes are also considered an option.
In this article, we have reviewed the best shoes for foot drop for both men and women.
Our Top Choice for men – Adidas Men Crazyflight Cross Trainer
The adidas Men's Crazyflight Cross Trainer is our top choice for “The Best Shoe For Foot Drop”.
These shoes are comfortable and made of the synthetic sole. They have a grippy rubber outsole, combined with a nice and comfortable mesh upper to keep your feet cool
Some of its best features are:
- Lace closure lets you adjust the shoe to hold your ankle and toes firmly
- Light and breathable enough to keep your feet comfortable
- Stretch mesh upper with reinforced midfoot.
- Ideal shoes for sportspersons.
- The shoes come in a regular fit.
- The rubber outsole supports red hot reactions.
Best Shoe For Foot Drop: For Men
#1 Adidas Men Crazyflight Cross Trainer
Adidas Men Crazyflight Cross-Trainer shoes give a lot of support to your foot. This shoe is made of a synthetic sole and a grippy rubber outsole. It has a lace closure to hold your ankles and toes firmly in place when you raise your foot.
The shoes protect your sensitive skin with their soft and breathable material, and are devoid of any allergenic material. These shoes feature an EVA stability frame, which gives the right platform and a snug fit to the user.
These sneakers also help in better foot movement, so you can walk around comfortably and without any inconvenience.
- Stretch mesh upper with TPU reinforced midfoot.
- The boot opening measures 0-3 inches.
- The platform also measures approximately 0 – 3 inches.
- These shoes help you feel energetic.
- Synthetic sole aids in giving more comfort to the feet.
- Mesh upper keeps your feet cool.
- The rubber outsole supports red hot reactions.
- None that we could find!
#2 JOOMRA Men Stylish Sneakers
JOOMRA shoes combine comfort and care. These high top shoes have a design that supports your foot and ankle, thus keeping your drop foot problems minimized.
The classic colors add to the charm of these shoes. Accented by a leather overlay, these shoes give a classic touch of leather at the toe and heel, which gives both these crucial points extra stability.
The lacing system of the shoe is another feature which gives added stability to your feet. Moreover, the long tongue of the shoes keeps your feet energized.
- High top style shoes with closely attached ankles.
- Laces for giving additional stability to toes and ankles
- The rubber outsole makes it comfortable to walk in
- The long tongue of the shoe keeps you active and energized, while adding to your feets safety
- Synthetic leather upper holds the toes and ankles in place
- The inside sole of this shoe is very thin.
- There are high chances of dirt and water to enter these shoes easily.
#3 Eagsouni Cross Fitness Training Shoe
Foot drop can happen at any time to anyone. You can invest in a shoe that will help you walk around easily without dragging your foot around. An essential feature of Shoes for foot drop is that they should be lightweight.
As the front of your foot drops, it might not be able to carry heavy shoes. This Eagsouni Cross Fitness Shoe consists of a breathable and lightweight fabric allowing your feet to breathe. Also, the mesh material allows the foot to remain dry even when you wear the shoes for long hours.
It comes with a rubber sole that prevents you from slipping and provides stability and flexibility to the shoes. If you are looking for something that not just allows you to rectify your foot drop and go well with all your attire, the Eagsouni Cross Fitness Shoe is the perfect fit.
As a sports person, the shoe would also be very flexible and perfect for you in most outdoor sports. The pair of shoes is very available at a very affordable price.
- The breathability of the shoes makes them appropriate for use over long hours.
- Flexibility is just perfect for daily wear and sports shoes.
- The anti-slip sole gives you stability in walking and makes this a valued purchase for hiking, jogging, camping, etc.
- The shoes are available both for men and women and in various sizes.
- The running shoes are a value for the money spent.
- Some buyers face size fit issues with this cross-fit training shoe so, I suggest that you go through the size chart before your purchase.
- If you are planning to run with these shoes, the anti-slip might not be stable enough for the purpose for long durations, so you need to be very careful.
You might be interested in reading: Best Shoe for Hip Pain
#4 New Balance Cross trainer
New Balance cross trainers are highly recommended for people with foot drop problems, because they have a very firm grip on the foot and with a lace design to boot, they are able to hold the ankles and toes very strongly.
The shoes are designed to give all-day comfort with a large heel crash pad and a relaxed fit. These shoes give superior traction on various surfaces.The shoes feature cushioning on all the angles, including an NB comfort insert for memory foam comfort.
These shoes use ABZORB technology through a combination of cushioning and compression resistance. This cushioning aids in providing exceptional shock absorption to your feet.
- These are casual cross-training shoes made with rubber soles and 100% leather.
- Cross trainers are recommended for drop foot due to their ability to give additional stability to the ankle and toes
- It includes dual-density collar foam to prevent irritation around your ankles.
- The outsole has deep grooves that keeps you comfortable while moving throughout the day
- Lace-up closure gives additional stability for drop foot patients. It also adds to the style quotient of the shoes.
- ABZORB cushioning on the midsole gives exceptional shock absorbent capability to these shoes.
- May not be ideal for people with wide feet.
Our top Choice for women – Ryka Cross Training Shoes
They have a dual density midsole with N-Gage EVA which helps them retain their shape and cushions the feet on impact. These shoes are made of synthetic and mesh upper for comfort and breathability. The flex- foil and direct fuse layer gives a lot of support to the feet. Additionally, a lace closure design improves the overall stability of the shoe as well.
The Ryka Women's Influence Cross Trainer is our top choice for The Best Shoe For Foot Drop.
Some of its great features are:
- High traction outsole and with pivot points and footprint design provides ease of movement
- N-gage EVA foam provides helps retain shape and cushions the feet.
- Rubber sole for better feet comfort.
- Mesh upper for feet breathability and comfort.
- Flex foil and Fuse layers to provide better support.
Best Shoe For Foot Drop: For Women
#5 Ryka Cross Training Shoes
Ryka Cross Training Shoes are ideal shoes to wear for women who suffer from foot drop. These shoes feature a dual impact midsole that provides better cushioning in the heel and forefront, thereby aiding you in your foot drop problem.
These sneakers also feature a synthetic mesh upper for better comfort and breathability. The textile lining and cushioning insole help to keep your feet active and more comfortable.
The sneakers also feature a traction outsole with a footprint design. The rubber sole of these sneakers gives all day comfort.
- Cushioning gives better stability and positioning.
- EVA energy return gives a better cushioning impact.
- The direct fuse layer provides ample support.
- The lace-up design adds to the style of these sneakers.
- The midsole provides better cushioning.
- Traction outsole with a footprint design.
- The shoes have no lateral support for side lunges.
- Very little arch support.
#6 Zumba Dance Fitness Workout Sneakers
These shoes are perfect in giving maximum support to your foot. These high top ladies trainers have air technology for maximum support and feet protection. They have a high rebound removable insole that is easily replaceable with any shoe sole inserts.
These shoes are ideal for wearing for gym, yoga, workouts, dance sessions. These sneakers give excellent arch support to women.
The vivid pattern design makes it suitable to wear footwear on any occasion. They can also be worn as casual shoes. Moreover, these shoes also give better cushioning and support your feet.
- Versatile dance sneakers for women.
- Z – slide technology allows for pivoting on any surface.
- Air technology gives maximum protection.
- The insole is easily replaceable with any sole insert.
- You can mismatch these shoes with your outfits.
- Ideal for wearing for your daily workouts.
- The tongue/lace area of these shoes is very tight.
- The footpad often feels bulky.
You might be interested in reading: Best AFO for Foot Drop
#7 ZGR Canvas Sneakers
ZGR sneakers are high top shoes with a lace design, perfect for keeping your foot stable and therefore helping you master your drop foot issues.
They are designed with canvas material and contrasting stitching on the upper. These sneakers feature a timeless and classic style suitable for walking, gym, running, and outdoor workouts.
The breathable canvas cotton fabric of these shoes gives all day comfort and care. They are made of anti-slip thick rubber soles which provide a good grip when walking or running, even when you are doing so on a rainy day. These shoes are good to go for on casual outings.
- High top design and laces to help you keep your ankle and toes stable
- Durable and flexible canvas material.
- Anti-slip thick rubber sole for your safety.
- Classical styles add to its charm and beauty.
- Better support while walking or running.
- Breathable canvas cotton fabric for your skin.
- Light and comfy for whole day wear.
- A good match with any stylish clothes.
- When the foot bends, the hole may come out.
- It may not be appropriate for big feet.
#8 PUMA Women Cross-Trainer-Shoes
These sports sneakers are made with a synthetic leather upper with midfoot saddle for a comfortable fit and support to your ankle and toes. Moreover, the EVA in the heel absorbs impact while walking or running, and protects your heel.
Apart from this, the shoes are stylish and comfortable. The rubber sole on these sneakers gives your feet a solid grip on the ground. The innovative outsole sets your foot in an efficient, balanced, or stable position.
- Durable and comfortable footwear for whole day wear.
- Support your feet and keep your body in its natural motion.
- Midfoot saddle for maximum comfort.
- Breathable sock liner for optimum fit and comfort.
- EVA is made for better shock absorption.
- Stylish sneakers to match with your outfits.
- The heel of these sneakers is high and tough.
- There is no arch support for these shoes.
You might be interested in reading: Best Foot Massager for Arch Pain
Buyer’s Guide: The Best Shoe For Foot Drop
The inner and outer sole of these supportive shoes keeps your feet stable. The innovative rubber soles help to keep your feet more stable, supportive, and balanced. The midsoles of these shoes are often made of EVA material.
Therefore, it helps in better absorption of shock and impact. Soft mesh in the heel gives an adaptive fit while running.
To treat foot drop, perfect design plays a vital role. Typically, as mentioned earlier, cross trainers and high top tennis shoes are the preferred footwear designs to give ample support and stability to your ankle and toes.
Laces and velcro straps are preferred over open designs, since the closure allows you to fit the shoe to your feet in a very close way.
These sneakers are lightweight, flexible, and durable. These shoes’ soft material helps your every step and ensures an adaptive ride for wherever your route takes you. Moreover, these shoes should be easy to take on and off wherever you go.
With a good choice of width for both men and women, these shoes feature an outsole designed to stabilize your feet while walking. These shoes are crafted with straps, which gives a better balance to your feet.
The walking shoes are designed with a cushioning effect. The midsoles are constructed to give supportive cushioning that helps to make your fit more comfortable and active for the whole day.
You might be interested in reading: Best Sandals for Seniors
Frequently Asked Questions: The Best Shoe For Foot Drop
Is walking good for foot drop?
The main therapy or solution for foot drop is to improve functional mobility related to walking. Consistent walking is encouraged to improve functionality as well as increasing your range of motion over time.
Are there special shoes for foot drop?
Yes, there are specially designed lightweight and durable fabric shoes to heal from foot drop pain. The best shoes for foot drops include Nike cross-trainers, Adidas, New Balance, Ecco, and others.
What can be used to prevent foot drop?
To prevent foot drop, you can use a padded splint or stretching or other active exercises. You may not fully prevent foot drop from occurring but can follow certain steps to reduce the pain emerging from it.
Moreover, it is very important to keep your feet mobile if you suffer from foot drop. Doing this may help to protect your feet or to recover quicker.
You might be interested in reading: Best Foot Massager for Neuropathy
Drop foot occurs when muscles in your lower leg are not strong enough. It can either be caused by knee injury or any disc condition or disease of the nervous system. Finding comfortable and supportive shoes that are not heavy is important.
In this article, we have selected The Best Shoe For Foot Drop based on the features mentioned in our buyer’s guide and the ratings and comments mentioned by actual users on Amazon.
In our opinion, the adidas Men's Crazyflight Cross Trainer is the best choice among the various options available for men that we have considered because it is comfortable and rich in features.
If you are looking for a value for money option, you can also consider the New Balance Men's 608 V5 Casual Comfort Cross Trainer, Black/Black, 6.5, which offers great value and features at a very reasonable price point.
the Ryka Women's Influence Cross Trainer is the best choice among the various options available for women that we have considered.
If you are looking for a value for money option, you can also consider the ZGR Womens Canvas Sneakers High Top Lace ups Casual Walking Shoes (Navy, US5), which offers great value and features at a very reasonable price point.
Foot, leg, and thigh pain are more common than you think! We cover a wide variety of shoes for various problems related to them:
- Best Running Shoes for Seniors
- Best Shoes for Aging Feet
- Best Shoes for Venous Insufficiency
- Best Shoe For Toe Runners
- Best Shoe for Heavy Runners
- Best Non Slip Shower Shoes