We have reviewed the Best Non-Slip Shower Shoes/Slippers. If you are in a hurry, the table below gives a quick snapshot of the top 6.
Every year more than 3 million elderly Americans receive fall-related injuries, and one of the major reasons is bathroom-related injuries. A good non-slip shower shoe can go a long way in preventing falls in the bathtub.
Ideal shower shoes are waterproof, protective, have a strong grip, and are comfortable as well as long-lasting.
We have brought together a collection of the best non slip shower shoes keeping in mind the above criteria, we hope you like it!
Here we have a video that shows other ways to reduce fall risk for seniors.
Our Top Choice – Secure SRSS-1M Shower Shoes
The Secure SRSS-1 Slip Resistant Shower Shoes with Non Skid Heavy Duty Grooved Sole for Fall Injury Prevention - Sized for Men & Women - Slippers for Home, Gym, Spa, Sauna (Medium) is our top choice for “Best Non Slip Shower Shoes”.
These shoes have excellent grip on the shower surface, the soles have been tested by independent agencies to resist slipping on wet surfaces.
Some of the other nice features of these shower slippers are:
- Heavy-duty grooved soles for excellent grip on wet surfaces.
- Expanded and soft foot-opening for putting the shoes on easily.
- Soft, comfortable nylon upper mesh.
- Perfect for elderly feet as they do not rub against the skin at any place.
- Higher back so that the shoe does not come off easily while bathing
- No inside back seam which is important for elderly patients who may have skin breakdown issues.
- Ideal for your everyday use, nursing homes, gym locker rooms and hotels.
Best Non-Slip Shower Shoes/Slippers
#1 Secure SRSS-1M Shower Shoes
Secure SRSS-1M Shower Shoes are your ideal shower shoes. These slip-resistant shoes with heavy-duty grooved sole prevent you from falling and injuring yourself in the shower.
This footwear gives you the convenience of showering and walking to your accommodation or bedroom without having to dry your feet.
With a soft and comfortable nylon mesh upper, the shoes do not rub against your skin. The shower slippers have no inside back seam, which makes it perfect for people who have softer skin on the heel. Moreover, your toe skin is also safe because there is no seam in the front of the shoe.
An expanded soft foot opening makes it easier for you to put on the shoes. Similarly, a higher back on the shoe ensures that it does not slip off while showering.
These secure slip-resistant shoes are good to wear for hospitals, locker rooms, gyms, or at home. Built with comfort technology, these shoes are good for anyone looking for a good solution for showering in a bathtub.
The size selection on these shoes is between Medium: (Women’s size 6-8; Men’s size 5-7), Large: (Women’s size 9-11; Men’s size 7-9), and XL: (Men’s size 10-12)
- Resist slipping on wet surfaces.
- Higher back on uppers to minimize slippers from coming off the feet.
- Shoes help you to heel from skin tissues.
- Great soles help to move around confidently.
- Gives you a safe bathing experience.
- The weight of these shoes is 6.4 ounces.
- The shoes may be a bit slippery on bath mats if you have them.
- Some users pointed out that despite the wider foot opening, the shoe is a bit narrow for people with wide feet.
#2 QCI Direct Women Shower Slipper
This footwear by QCI Direct caters to your feet in a variety of situations. It is designed for daily use. It lets you feel safe while walking along the poolside or showering in common baths at campgrounds or gyms. These women’s non-skid shower shoes are renowned for their high quality.
The slippers come in soft nylon mesh uppers that are designed to make your feet comfortable. The mesh material stretches to meet the size of your foot.
These non – skid shoes are a perfect combination of safety and hygiene. They are engineered with comfort features, such as a softer sole that is designed to offer better floor grip.
These non-skid shoes are also ideal for enhancing grip by channeling moisture out from under your shoes.
- Non-skid safety soles for your feet security. These shoes provide traction to prevent falls.
- The shoes dry quickly.
- These are good slippers for poolside and common baths at campgrounds etc.
- Durable, comfortable, and lightweight.
- These slippers are a perfect combination of safety and hygiene.
- A few users complained that the shoes are a bit slippery on wet surfaces
- These shoes may not work on the porcelain tub.
You might be interested in reading: Best Non-Slip Bath Mats for Elderly
#3 Easy Comfort Mesh Shower Slippers
The Easy Comfort mesh shower slippers are one of the best slippers for keeping your feet comfortably planted while you are busy washing your body. These unisex design shoes are a perfect fit for both men and women.
With a mesh fabric, these shoes can be put on securely and comfortably on your feet.
This fabric upper helps to keep your feet cool. There is a rubber traction outsole for better grip on the wet floor while showering. The shoes offer plenty of support and stability to keep your feet comfortable in the shower.
These shoes are designed with durable materials to remain long-lasting and reliable each time you wear them. They won’t become damaged or rip easily. Moreover, they are also suitable for extended shower use.
- These unisex slippers are designed for both men and women.
- Stretchy mesh design lets you feel more comfortable while putting on the shoe
- Anti-slip rubber soles prevent you from falling, and give a good grip to your feet.
- Gives you comfort and support on wet surfaces. Keeps you safe in the shower or pool.
- These shoes may feel tight across the instep.
- A few users felt they were not as stable on wet surfaces as claimed.
#4 LUFFYMOMO Women Men Shower Slippers
LUFFYMOMO Women Men Shower Slippers are perfect non-skid shower slippers. The slippers are made with a comfortable design to give better care to your feet. This footwear is versatile enough to allow your feet to stay stable in all water activities, be it shower, the pool, or the beach.
The slippers are made with high-quality EVA material through high-temperature injection molding, which makes them lightweight but anti-slip.
The soles of the footwear are made from synthetic and are very durable. The lightweight material makes these shower shoes convenient to carry around with you without adding any additional weight to your luggage.
- Designed with high-quality EVA material, these shoes remain sturdy.
- Slippers get dry quickly if they become wet.
- Relax your feet every time you wear them.
- Suitable for shower, pool, gym or beach
- Non-slip and waterproof quality slippers.
- You can even use these slippers at home in the living room or bedroom, because they are so soft and comfortable.
- They may be too big for people with small feet, as per a few users.
- If not washed properly the slipper may start to have a bad odor over time.
- If left in the sun for extended periods of time, the slipper can shrink.
You might be interested in reading: Best Floor To Ceiling Grab Bar Poles
#5 Happy Lily Non-Slip Shower Slippers
These unisex non-slip shower slippers are quite versatile. They are designed for whole day comfort. These slippers are waterproof, and the water-friendly design prevents damage with regular water exposure and also stops mold from forming on them.
The soft foam of these non-skid slippers gives you comfort for the whole day. They are also suitable to wear on summer days or rainy seasons. The slippers have breathable material which does not let your feet become sweaty.
The soft foam on these slippers is designed for the practicality you need when showering. They are fast-drying, versatile, and breathable shower shoes and give you odor-free feet for the whole day. These non – skid slippers are the ideal footwear choice for people.
- The soft foam sole of these slippers cushions your feet comfortably
- These slippers provide amazing whole day comfort.
- There is a slightly curved area for your toes and heel to rest.
- These slippers are bendable and well-cushioned.
- The soles are well built to prevent you from slipping in the shower or poolside.
- These slippers are not good for walking on the floor with area rugs
- These slippers are a bit thick, which makes them unappealing to some people.
#6 WOTTE Shower Sandals
These shower sandals are quick-drying slippers specifically designed to give you comfort in the shower or at the poolside.
They are designed as one of the most comfortable slippers for daily use. The slippers feature a unique drain hole design, which helps to keep your feet dry and also helps in drying the slippers quickly. This makes it very comfortable to wear when in water and once you come outside it.
The slippers are made with pure EVA material with water-resistant and stain-free material. These sandals are also easy to clean. There are anti-slip small bumps on the sandals that can reduce ground friction, and therefore make the slipper skid-proof.
These shower sandals are super soft, so you can even enjoy the comfort of these slippers for the whole day.
These bath sandals are suitable to wear on a wide variety of occasions. The insole helps in massaging your feet, and the outer sole reduces ground friction.
- Soft and comfortable EVA made shoes.
- The design with water holes in the sandal keeps your feet dry.
- It also helps the sandals to dry off themselves quickly once you get out of water.
- These sandals are easy to clean.
- They have good elasticity and can be folded or bent around for easy storage and carrying around.
- The comfortable insole design massages your feet for all-day comfort
- As per some users, the sandals emit a foul odor after using them for some time
- Users with wider feet have complained about the difficulty of finding the right size in these sandals.
You might be interested in reading: Best heavy duty toilet safety frame or safety rails
#7 Clapzovr Water Shoes
This shoe from Clapzovr is a soft and comfortable water sports product. It has large, breathable PVC draining holes which make these sandals durable while also helping to keep them dry.
The shoes are also skin-friendly because they are super soft and make you feel comfortable for the whole day.
The water-friendly design gives you protection from all sorts of water activities. They are aerobic massage shoes, which means they have excellent cushioning. They are so soft and comfortable that they can even be used for long walks and hiking.
These sandals have a great grip on the ground, so you can wear them in the shower, near the pool, and even on hard or rocky surfaces if you like hiking.
The flat sandals are durable and moisture-proof. They are also fast drying.
- Perfect to wear for a shower, pool, waterfall hike, waterpark, or for hiking.
- It is a closed-toe sandal, which protects your feet from the elements.
- The sandal has breathable PVC drainage holes for draining water out quickly.
- These sandals are also moisture-proof and skin-friendly.
- They have a removable footbed for easy cleaning.
- These sandals have a soft cushioning insole which makes them good for hikes and trails as well.
- Some users complained that these sandals make irritating noises when wet
- Due to the PVC holes, it is possible for pebbles to get stuck in your feet while walking
What Should You Look for Before Buying Shower Shoes?
One of the most important things to consider is protection from water. It is necessary to purchase shoes with a good upper surface that gives full protection to your feet. The footwear should have plenty of holes for ventilation and drainage, so water can move away from your shoes keeping your feet dry.
Shower shoes should be slip-resistant. This enables you to move freely without fear of tripping over yourself or slipping down when standing on the wet floor of the shower.
Rubber soles offer extra durability and are therefore preferable. They remain waterproof and have a good amount of traction. They are typically long-lasting as well.
Non-slip shower shoes should be durable. They should be made from a high-quality, water-resistant material, that keeps the shoe and your feet dry all the time and quickly drains out any excess water once you are outside the water. You must make sure that the material should be such that it is not easily damaged by water.
Shower shoes should also be lightweight and comfortable. If they are lightweight, it will be convenient and comfortable for you to carry them around to the pool or water park.
These shoes are meant to be used in water, therefore they should not be a burden on your feet. You should be able to wear them for a long time.
Open Mesh and High Back
Open mesh mouths makes it easier for you to put on these shoes. Since the shoes are made to be used by the elderly, they should be elastic and stretchy enough to accommodate various sizes easily without having to use too much force. Mesh is a very good material for this purpose.
Similarly, a high back ensures that the shoe does not come off easily while moving about when bathing so that you can do your bathing and other activities safely.
You may also like Best Shoes for Aging Feet
Frequently Asked Questions:
What are non-skid shoes?
Any shoes that give good traction are considered non-skid. These shoes give good traction and a nice grip on any kind of surface. They are also made from a softer and easy to use a material that allows you to grip the ground as you walk in them, without becoming too uncomfortable.
What are shower shoes?
Shower shoes are specially designed waterproof shoes and water-resistant shoes. A good pair of shower shoes protect you from slipping while in the water, thereby saving you from injuries. Shower shoes are made from waterproof materials so that the water can easily drain off once you are done. Their waterproof nature also ensures that your feet do not become easy targets for bacteria or infection if you stand in the water for too long.
Why do the shower shoes have holes?
A good shower shoe features holes in the bottom. These holes are especially there in these shower shoes as it allows the water to pass through the footbed. This is essential so that your feet will not slide around in the shoes. It helps protect your feet, gives you a sense of comfort, and makes your feet dry quickly.
You may also like Best Running Shoes For Bad Knees
Shower shoes are meant for people to prevent them from slipping in bathrooms. They are easy to dry and comfortable shoes. They have very strong anti-slip gripping rubber soles. Many shower shoes are versatile enough to take to beach or swimming parties.
In this article, we have selected the Best Non-Slip Shower Shoes/Slippers based on the features mentioned in our buyer’s guide and the ratings and comments mentioned by actual users on Amazon.
In our opinion, the Secure SRSS-1 Slip Resistant Shower Shoes with Non Skid Heavy Duty Grooved Sole for Fall Injury Prevention - Sized for Men & Women - Slippers for Home, Gym, Spa, Sauna (Medium) is the best choice among the various options that we have considered because it is rich in features and serves the purpose.
If you are looking for a value for money option, you can also consider the Happy Lily Women/Men's Slip On Slippers Non-Slip Shower Sandals House Mule Soft Foams Sole Pool Shoes Bathroom Slide Water Shoes, which offers great value and features at a very reasonable price point.