We have reviewed the best resistance bow If you are in a hurry, the table below gives a quick snapshot of the top 5.
Dreaming about the perfect figure but cannot go to the gym? Have you been exercising at home, but fail to see the results? Did you pay an exorbitant monthly gym membership fee but did not see any result?
If you have had enough of paying money for gyms and personal trainers without any results, you might want to try out Resistance Bows. Resistance bows can give you a complete work out at home without having to spend a dime.
Whether you want to do seated presses, bicep curls, or bent-over rows, you can mold a resistance bow to match your needs.
In this article, we will discuss what resistance bows are, what they can do for you, what to look for when buying a resistance bow, and finally our selection of the best resistance bow (5 of the best, to be exact).
What Is a Resistance Bow? How Can I Use It?
A resistance bow is a complete home gym in itself. It looks like the riser of a bow (usually made from high-quality aluminum), with a resistance band (or sometimes 2 or even more) acting as the string.
The idea is that the bow itself can act as the weightlifting bar, whereas the resistance band can act as the weight.
Since you can change resistance bands of different resistance levels, you can perform any kind of weight training exercise and work any muscle group using this simple, two-part equipment.
Here we have a Youtube tutorial on bow exercises you can do.
What Are The Important Points To Look For Before Buying The Best Resistant Bow?
The resistance bow is a fairly recent phenomenon on the gym-goer and fitness freak circuit. However, it is old enough to have several competitors already on the market, each claiming to be better than the other.
So how do you choose the best resistance bow for yourself? We present to you: the buyer’s guide!
Adjustable resistance levels
You may need different levels of resistance for different types of exercises. The resistance bow must have a variety of resistance bands included, so that you can mix and match them to make the right resistance for the set of exercises that you want to do.
The bow riser has a limit on the amount of resistance it can support comfortably. Higher the maximum weight, better is the range of exercises that you can do with the bow.
You may also like Best Sports Bra for Elderly
Bow riser material
Ideally, high-grade aluminum or carbon fiber is the best, most durable, and lightweight material for the bow riser. Both these materials are long-lasting, durable, and rust-free.
Comfort, of course, is last on your mind when you are thinking of toning your body or building your muscles. But it won’t hurt if the bow had a bit of foam on the grip, which makes it easier to hold.
Some resistance bows come with their own storage bags for easy holding and carrying them around. If you like doing your exercises anywhere you go, you should look for resistance bows that have an accompanying bag.
If you’d prefer to carry your bow to the park or other open spaces to do your workouts, you would appreciate a lightweight product that is easy to carry around. Its useful if the bow is compact as well, its just easier to lug it around that way.
You may also like Best Weighed Vest for CrossFit
Best Resistance Bow
#1 Gorilla Bow For Full Body Workout
This is the lighter, sleeker, newer version of the original Gorilla resistance bow, which is the creator and market leader of this product.
The bow is 47 inches in length, which makes it very easy to carry around and put away after your exercises are done. Secondly, it only weighs 3 pounds, much lighter than the original version.
It can carry a resistance weight of up to 120 pounds, sufficient for most users. There are three resistance bands included (10, 20, and 30 pounds each), and 2 bands can be combined together in one go on the bow.
The bow itself is made of aircraft-grade aluminum and is very durable. There is a drawstring bag provided along with the bow, which can be used to store the resistance bands and band sleeves.
- It is lightweight (only 3 pounds) device suitable for home as well as the gym.
- Three resistance bands are included with the bow (10, 20 and 30 pounds each)
- Two resistance bands can be coupled together in a single bow
- A drawstring bag is provided for the resistance band and band sleeve
- The bow is small in size (47 inches) and can be carried around easily
- The Gorilla resistance bow is the original bow. They charge a premium for their product, which may not suit everyone’s budget
- Aluminum material makes the bow very hard. The bow should be flexible and comfortable enough to hold during the exercise
- Bench bands, which are required for chest presses and many other exercises are not included in this product
You may also like Bedridden Exercise Equipment
#2 Synergee Resistance Bow
Synergee bow is available with four different colored resistance bands to raise the bar for weightlifting exercises. When traveling or when outdoors in a park or playground, this equipment is perfect as it is convenient to assemble it in no time.
Add 2-3 bands to increase the intensity of the workout. It is ideal for heavy resistance training and weight lifting. Each band has a different resistant capacity ranging from 10lbs that is minimum resistance to 40 lbs extra heavy resistance.
The bow length is 55.5 inches that makes it perfect for broader as well as slim people. One can do different forms of exercise squats, presses, bicep curls, lunges, stretches, and more with ease. With all the four bands, one can work out to a maximum of 300lbs.
- It is an easily portable bow that can be used at the gym, home, park, and while traveling.
- The bar has a push-lock system that makes it very sturdy.
- Maximum weight of 100pounds can be put together on the bow.
- Assembling the bow is very convenient as it is shipped in three pieces.
- Tension hook design holds the bands firmly and does not let the band move while doing heavy workouts.
- Full body toning device.
- Heavier than other resistance bows.
#3 Glemme Bow Portable Home Gym Resistance Band
The Glemme Bow comes fully equipped with 6 resistance bands (10,20,32, 45 X 3 pounds). You can make 15 combinations out of the given resistance bands. 4 resistance loop bands are also provided with the product.
The bow can handle up to 360 pounds of weight and is made of strong aluminum. It is made out of two connecting pieces, which can be joined together using a simple screw. When disassembled, the bow is very easy to carry around. There is a foam covering on the bow in the center.
- Fifteen levels of resistance help to perform multiple exercises and increase the level of intensity.
- The aircraft aluminum-based bow can bear weight up to 360 pounds. Foam coating on the center makes the bow comfortable for use.
- The bow is made from two pieces, making it very portable
- A drawstring bag is provided to carry around the resistance bands and sleeve
- The bow is available with a two-year warranty.
- The foam coating on the bar can wear and tear with regular use.
You may also like Best Yoga Mats With Alignment Lines
#4 Estleys Bow Portable Home And Gym Resistance Band
With a 56.3 inches long bow, the Estleys fitness bow is of a perfect length for resistance training. It has a foam padding in the centre that gives a nice grip to the hands while working out.
It is available with four different colored bands to provide different levels of resistance (10, 20, 32, and 45 pounds). A total of 100 pounds of weight can be put on the bow. The structure of the bow is such that it is easy to attach and detach the resistance bands.
The bow is made from an iron tube, which is sturdy and durable. It weighs only 4.8 pounds and can be stored easily when not in use.
- The Resistance bow is ideal for professionals and beginners both.
- The bar is large enough to give a high level of resistance and stretch while doing exercises. It measures 56 inches in length
- There are 4 resistance bands provided, which can be coupled to get 15 different weight combinations
- The bow is made from an iron tube, a sturdy and durable material
- Foam padding on the center of the bow makes it easy to hold during exercise
- Multiple-use bands perfect for a full-body workout.
- Only 4 bands are available in comparison to other resistance bands that are available with 5-6 bands.
- The bow length is too long for smaller people.
#5 NR Bow Full Body Heavy Workout Equipment
With the NR Bow Full Body Heavy Workout Equipment, one can do almost more than 100 exercises at home.
It is a robust device with four double-walled latex resistance bands (10, 20, 30, and 50 pounds) which can be combined together to get a maximum weight of 110 pounds.
The bow has an industrial grip powder coating and is constructed from aluminum, making it easy to hold and grip during your exercises. The bow can hold a weight of up to 350 pounds. There is a 30-day return guarantee on the bow, in case you wish to try and buy.
- Can be used for 100 different types of exercises
- Available with four resistance bands that can be combined together to make a total weight of upto 110 pounds
- A bag is provided with the bow to store and carry the whole equipment
- A Portable and lightweight device makes it convenient to carry the equipment anywhere.
- Industrial grip powder coating on the aluminum bow makes it easy to hold during exercise
- The equipment is available without an instruction manual, that is a must for first time users.
- A little more expensive than other resistance bows.
You may also like Best Pilates Spine Corrector
Resistance Bows are like a one-man band – you can perform all sorts of exercises by buying just a single piece of equipment, instead of spending a lot of money on weights, exercise machines or gym membership fees. If you are looking to get fit quick and cheap, resistance bows are the way to go.
In this article, we have selected the best resistance bow based on the features mentioned in our buyer’s guide and the ratings and comments mentioned by actual users on Amazon.
In our opinion, the Glemme Bow Portable Home Gym Resistance Bands, Fitness Equipment System with Bow, Resistance Band Set, Weightlifting Training Kit, Full Body Workout Equipment is the best choice among the various options that we have considered because of the 6 resistance bands and 4 resistance loops that it offers
If you are looking for a value for money option, you can also consider the Estleys Bow Portable Home Gym Resistance Bands, Fitness Equipment System with Bow, Resistance Band Set, Weightlifting Training Kit, Full Body Workout Equipment, 15 Adjustable Levels of Resistance, as it can easily fit under your budget.