We have done wall mounted folding shower seat reviews. If you are in a hurry, the table below gives a quick snapshot of the top 6.
Did you know that one out of every 4 adults in the US will fall this year, leading to severe complications such as a fracture or even an injury to the head
Falls are an unfortunate fact of life for most seniors, and especially those aging at home. Falls are dangerous, and if unfortunately, you do not get help in real time, falls can also be fatal.
One of the biggest contributors to elderly falls is bathrooms. With age eroding your loved one’s ability to stand erect for a long time, and the wet, slippery floor making it difficult to balance yourself, a normal shower may end up becoming a death trap for them.
Recognizing this fact, several bathing aids have become available for the elderly and those with special needs in recent years, including shower transfer seats, benches, bath stools, and wall mounted shower seats.
While all of them are useful, when you have limited space in your bathroom, a wall mounted folding shower seat is your best bet. They may not be as portable, but they save space and still allow the elderly to bathe safely.
Wall-mounted shower seats can be used simply for convenience and comfort, wherein you would sit on the bench while bathing. You can also use this bathing aid for the elderly and individuals with physical limitations. These seats are safe and efficient to use with utmost privacy and independence.
In this article, you will get to know more about the product, and get some of the best wall mounted folding shower seat reviews to purchase, along with a guide on buying the right shower bench for you.
What Should You Look For Before Buying a Wall-Mounted Foldable Shower Seat?
Indeed, the market is overflowing with different brands of shower seats, wherein some are good, while some come with advanced features and the rest are just bad. While buying a shower seat, you should consider the below factors:
1. Weight & Capacity
The best wall-mounted shower seat should hold a minimum of 250 pounds, while otherwise, it can even be up to 750 pounds or more. It depends on the weight of the person using the chair. You should also check the weight of the seat and ensure that the seating base is sturdy enough.
Look for elements like rust-free and waterproof material, overall seating capacity, adjustable height, detachable parts, compliant with ADA shower requirements, easy to carry, robust construction, etc.
It should be compact yet durable. You might have to look for these features with other common characteristics that would be suitable according to your needs.
Indeed, we always keep an eye on the cost of the things we purchase! Sure, some cheap and in-budget shower seats are available to be bought, but are they durable enough?
You can ensure this with the help of wall-mounted foldable shower seat reviews that are available online. You can check and then go ahead with the purchase. However, quality, safety, and comfort are the only things that matter when it comes to health.
You may also like Best Safe Bathtubs For Elderly
4. Back support and armrest
Not every shower seat has this particular benefit, but some of them do! Having back support and armrests could provide more convenience and ease to the user. It also adds up to added stability while delivering comfort. You will find both removable and non-removable armrests and backrest; choose accordingly.
5. Minimum maintenance
Cleaning and maintaining the shower seat can be an additional task to perform after the shower, but not a regular task. You might want to pick an easy to clean and maintenance-free shower seat which offers an excellent waterproof base, better drainage, and soft water-flowing seating.
Not every shower seat that is made is free of chemicals. If you are concerned about skin conditions, allergies, and irritation, you can certainly go ahead with purchasing chemical-free shower benches, which protects your skin.
7. Easy installation
Most wall mounted shower chairs are installed for people with disability or seniors who are unable to stand for the duration of the shower. Keeping that in mind, the seat should be such that it does not require too much work to install, since the users may have to install it themselves.
You may also like Best Shower Gurney Beds for Elderly
Wall Mounted Folding Shower Seat Reviews
#1. Essential Medical Supply Shower and Bath Bench with Arms and Back
This perfect transitioning bath aid for the elderly comes with cushioned armrests to provide complete comfort while in shower. This robust bath chair is waterproof.
It doesn’t even get discolored or rusted over time due to the presence of an anodized frame and aluminum built. It assures convenience to any individual with every purpose because of how flexible it works.
One can adjust the height, and it comes with dimensions of 15 ¾” Width x 13″ Depth with a weighing capacity of up to 300 pounds. The back dimensions are 16 ½” x 6 ¾” which can be either adjusted or removed, as per your comfortability.
You can also remove the armrests if needed, which will convert it into a stool. This shower seat is safe, convenient and indeed suits even in small spaces to provide you a good shower.
The seat is texturized to ensure that the person sitting does not slip off while having a bath. The seat can be assembled quickly and does not require any tools for doing so.
- Removable Padded back seat and armrests for comfort and safety.
- Perfect design, especially for the elderly and disabled individuals, to shower with ease.
- Lightweight, flexible, and easy to use.
- One can be seated in the sizable textured seat with drain spaces to prevent damage and discomfort.
- Texturized seat to ensure that the user does not slip off easily
- Little to no assembly required
- Height and the seats can be adjusted up to 20″.
- Capable of carrying up to 300 LBS of weight.
- This shower seat doesn’t let you extend longer than 5 inches.
- The base could have been a bit wider.
#2. Autumn Lane Stylish Folding Shower Seat Attachment
Looking amazingly attractive, the Autumn Lane stylish shower seats fit every bathroom interior, matching your comforts and ease.
This seat is retracting, luxurious yet a space-saving bath aid with a super soft base, round corners for added comfort.
It holds a sturdy construction measuring 13.6 x 10.8 inches of the seat with strong plastic and Fiber, which would suit your heavy-duty needs.
The seat can support a weight capacity of 350 pounds while also being versatile for every body type, without having the individual to compromise the convenience.
This wall-mounted foldable shower seat is lightweight and secure, reliable, flexible, and apart from all of these, it looks trendy. The ergonomically designed corners fit every type of person with supportive edges.
There is no cleaning or maintenance with this foldable seat as it comes to rust-free and waterproof characteristics.
- Sturdy, stylish, and robust design and construction that proves comfortable yet impressive.
- Adds luxury with convenience supporting easy fixes.
- Ergonomically styled and suits flexibly for everyone.
- The soft base protects your skin from irritation.
- It can support up to 350 pounds of weight.
- Portable and durable bath chair.
- A bit expensive.
- Professional installation is required.
- We need to make drill holes in the wall.
You may also like Best Handheld Shower Head for Elderly
#3. ANZZI Saxon 15 in Wall Mounted Folding Teak Shower Seat
Add some beauty to your bathroom décor, with complete comfortability, ease, and a touch of luxury from ANZZI Saxon 15, the reputed brand for perfect bath aid.
The shower seat is perfectly crafted with natural teak woods and alloy copper hardware that is certified. ANZZI shower seat gives comfortable seating and is adjustable enough for every body type.
You can fold up the seat when it is not in use, saving an adequate space. As it is compact, it goes with even the smaller sized rooms and spaces.
The teak wood matte finish safeguards the seat from getting rust or corrosion while the matte finish gives soft seating preventing any type of slipping or injury for the individual.
With a stainless steel frame, you need not worry about capacity support as it can manage around 270 pounds. It comes with back support to make your shower convenient. However, the back support is not removable.
The ANZZI Saxon does not require a lot of installation support, and neither does it need too much maintenance. It weighs only 9 pounds, and is quite easy to put up on your own.
- Smooth and compact design with 15 x 9.9 x 15 inches of dimensions.
- It is lightweight to carry and is portable and flexible enough too.
- The strong teak wood finish gives the shower seat a sturdy construction and ultimate safety.
- RHINO Alloy, with the highest quality, gives immense support and balance, preventing injuries.
- It is foldable; hence one can fold it up when not in use to save space.
- Supports and holds 270 pounds easily.
- Installation is easy and can be fixed without professional assistance.
- The bench gets stuck sometimes.
- It is slippery at times.
You may also like Are Hot Tubs Safe for Elderly People?
#4. Giantex 15″ Folding Shower Seat Bench
Giantex 15″, one of the best wall mounted folding shower seats, is not just designed for specially challenged people, but also the elderly.
This shower seat removes the problem of having to stand for your shower. However, this bench can also be used for other purposes like bath storage, changing socks & shoes, or rest.
It comes in a compact shape while giving some good benefits of folding it up after using and adjusting in a small room or space.
The varnish matte finish makes the seat rust-free and waterproof while also giving the individual a perfect balance while seeking support to sit and stand.
It does not contain any chemical coating, which protects your skin, causing no skin effects. In the end, Giantex 15″ folding shower seat is a comfortable and a safe bench to be used for the disabled, special needs individuals, and the elderly.
The seat can hold upto a weight of 300 pounds, and its stainless steel base and premium reinforced plastic base makes it very safe for any senior to sit on.
- Folding design with dimensions of 15 x 13 x 10.5 inches aids with optimum space for smaller bathroom and shower stalls.
- The robust construction of concrete wood panels and stainless steel support can load an adequate weight capacity of 300 pounds
- The stainless steel base accompanied with plastic reinforcement support gives maximum security and safety suitable for pregnant women, elderly, and special needs individuals.
- It promises durability due to its concrete wood panels, which keeps up the long-lasting effect.
- The shower seat can be folded while not in use that saves an adequate space.
- Professional installation is required.
- The price is a bit high.
- Need clearer manual instructions.
#5. CSI Bathware SEA-SD2216-NH-PH ADA Bathroom Shower Bath Seat
Installing a shower seat could be convenient for everyone, majorly comfortable for elderly and special needs individuals as slipping and falling after a certain age could be expected.
CSI Bathware Shower seats provide extreme support and independence while showering. It is easy, reliant, durable, and simple enough to clean and maintain.
Indeed, while it is foldable, one can fold it up when not in use. The water-resistant shower seat is coated with high-quality stainless steel tubing that supports up to 750 LBS.
It comes with the snug hinges that ensure to keep the folding stable. The phenolic stats and finish with attached frames keep the water draining process clean, making it rust-free.
This four-leg shower seat gives maximum support and balance with the floor rubber protector. It is compact and stable, with the dimensions of 22 x 16 inches.
The seat has four legs which can be swung down and have adjustable heights, along with rubber feet and a secure fit. The legs are made of stainless stell for durability.
- It is lightweight, easy to carry, and comes with a sturdy built to keep the perfect balance.
- The seat is waterproofed with 304 steel tubing and phenolic frames to drain water and protect it from getting rusted.
- Due to its stainless steel coating, it claims a long term efficiency with complete durability.
- While it is foldable, it also complies with ADA bathroom and shower requirements, and the snug hinges keep the seat stable.
- CSI Bathware is constructed for heavy-duty, and it is capable of carrying up to 750 LBS.
- It contains no chemical coating over the base, and hence it is safer for kids and the elderly.
- Each support leg is coated with a rubber floor protector, which would be balanced over the wet floor.
- This seat requires professional installation.
- It can become noisy sometimes.
You may also like Best Sliding Transfer Benches With Swivel Seat
#6. Clevr 18″ ADA Compliant Folding Serena Teak Wood Shower Bench Seat
This is an ADA compliant wall mounted foldable shower seat, which has a capacity of 350 pounds, when installed properly into the wall beams by a professional contractor.
The bench is made from Burmese teak wood – one of the best materials for strength and durability. Another feature is the fact that this seat folds up automatically when not in use, thus saving space at all times.
The seat is clear coated and gives a great finish and texture to your bathroom. It provides a smooth surface for you and your loved ones to sit on, while also being resistant to mold and general decay.
The seat is essentially designed for people with special needs or the elderly, who find it difficult to shower without having a chair to sit on. Due to its foldable design, it can also be used as a space-saving shoe rack or a bench for sitting.
The seat measures 18 X 15 inches and its elegant design is complementary to almost any bathroom style.
- ADA compliant safe product
- Can hold weights upto 350 pounds when installed correctly by a professional contractor in the wall beams
- Burmese teak wood construction – the most durable and reliable kind of wood for your seat
- Prevents mold and other kinds of damage
- Folds up automatically when not in use, saves space
- Clear coated for a great finish and smooth surface to sit upon
- Multipurpose: designed for elderly and special needs people, but can also be used a normal folding chair or a shoe rack etc.
- The elegant design can complement any bathroom
- Spring-loaded seat – shuts off quickly, you have to watch your fingers!
- Several users complained about the durability of the product
Growing old and other physical conditions can lead to numerous problems in our routine, while even small things like getting a shower become a health hazard.
Privacy, safety, and comfort are what we should ensure for our loved ones with such needs and attention. Wall-mounted shower seats are incredible choices for everyone, especially when it adds extra care to health. Best shower seats can help the user with no change in the bathing routine, just with special care.
Shower seats are economical, trendy, and work as the perfect support to the user. If you are looking for the best shower seats, you could consider the mentioned shower benches above, which would suit the user’s requirement.
In this article, we have selected the best wall mounted folding shower seat based on the features mentioned in our buyer’s guide and the ratings and comments mentioned by actual users on Amazon.
In our opinion, the is the best choice among the various options that we have considered because it has backrest and armrests that give additional support and balance, while also contributing to other essential features.
If you are looking for a value for money option, you can also consider the Wall Mount Fold Teak Shower Bench | Saxon 18.7 in x 12.4 in Bathroom Accessories Folding Teakwood Shower Seat for Inside Shower for Bathtub | Spa Foldable Wooden Bath Chair for Seniors | AC-AZ203…, which offers great value and features at a very reasonable price point.
We hope you have found our recommendations and suggestions useful, and if we are able to protect even one person from a dangerous fall in the bathroom through this article, it would make this a job well done!