This article will compare Cubii Vs. Cubii Jr – User Reviews, Experience, And Costs
It is often difficult to maintain a level of fitness after a certain age. Your body loses its agility and strength, and it becomes tough to workout at a gym or with heavy-weight equipment. But working out should not be a prisoner of age or lifestyle.
It is with this mission in mind that Cubii started out in 2014 by three young entrepreneurs, who won first prize with their business idea at the Chicago university’s business idea contest. They filled a gap in the market that was being left unaddressed – a workout machine that is accessible to all. Thus was born the Cubii under-desk elliptical, a product that broke many conventional ideas on what a workout machine should be like.
Today, both the Cubii pro and Cubii Jr are under-desk ellipticals that have carved out a new category of fitness enthusiasts in the elderly and infirm. This article will dig deep into both the seated products’ features and declare a winner for each feature in this Cubii Vs. Cubii Jr contest.
Both of them provide excellent features, and they are perfectly optimized and safe for the elderly. But if you are just looking for an overview:
- Buy the Cubii Pro for its Bluetooth connectivity and whisper-quiet operation
- Buy the Cubii Jr if you are looking for a lightweight and inexpensive option
Overview – Cubii Pro Under Desk Elliptical
Arnav Dalmia, the founder of Cubii, was tired of sitting the whole day as an intern requested his company for a standing desk; his company refused. That was when the idea of under desk ellipticals originated.
The Cubii Pro has eight resistance levels that means whether you are a beginner or a seasoned elliptical user, you will always feel challenged.
It comes with an LCD monitor that displays strides, strides per minute, time, and total distance so that you can keep a close tab on your workout, as you continue to finish your day’s work.
Cubii Pro is the only seated elliptical in the market with Bluetooth connectivity. It lets you connect the device to any other tracking device such as a Fitbit, apple watch, or mobile.
This elliptical weighs 32 pounds, and its dimensions are 23.15 x 17.56 x 10 inches.
Let’s see some of its pros and cons:
- It features eight Levels of resistances controlled through a dial provided with the machine itself.
- It has Bluetooth connectivity for connecting it to other devices.
- It is exceptionally quiet, making little to no noise.
- It features a digital monitor that lets you track your progress.
- It is the most expensive under desk elliptical in the market.
- It is quite heavy, so it might be difficult for seniors to lift without help.
You may also like Best Electric Tricycles for Seniors
Cubii Jr. Under Desk Elliptical
This elliptical is also a premium product of Cubii. The Cubii Jr also features multiple resistances and an LCD monitor that show you your workout data and lets you track your progress.
It is way more affordable than the Cubii pro that comes with Bluetooth. Other than that, it has an extremely sturdy design making it safe for the seniors. Cubii Jr’s dimensions are 23.15 x 17.54 x 10 inches, and it weighs 27 pounds, which is slightly less than the Cubii Pro.
Let’s see some of the pros and cons of the Cubii Jr.
- It comes with an LCD monitor that shows you your calories burnt, distance, time, strides, and strides per minute.
- It is compact and also has a handle for better portability.
- It is whisper quiet and lets you exercise at peace.
- It has eight levels of resistances ranging from low to high that lets you set the workout intensity according to your needs.
- It does not have Bluetooth connectivity.
- It is heavy as well.
You may also like Are Treadmills Safe for Elderly?
Features Face To Face
Both models from Cubii have eight levels of magnetic resistance. You can set the resistance through the dial on the ellipticals. The resistances are perfectly made for the elderly and suit their needs. They are not too high, so they won’t be an issue for you, the seniors, to use.
It’s hard to mention a winner in this category as both the ellipticals offer the same amount of control over how intense your exercise should be.
Size & Weight
Both the machines are compact and pretty much have the same size. They both feature a handle to carry it around with you anywhere you go. The main difference is in both the machines’ weight, which is a significant factor for the seniors. The Cubii Pro is 5 pounds heavier than the Cubii Jr as it weighs 32 pounds, whereas the Cubii Jr weighs only 27 pounds.
The difference of 5 pounds can be significant for the elderly, especially if you have weak arms and need to move around the device. This makes Cubii Jr. the winner in this category.
Winner: Cubii Jr.
You may also like Best Treadmills for Elderly
Both the ellipticals feature an LCD monitor that shows you enough data to track your workout. Tracking the workout is exceptionally important as you can get demotivated if you don’t continuously see the results. It’s hard to see any physical changes right away as a senior.
The LCD monitor of both the seated ellipticals shows you the calories burnt, time, distance, and strides per minute.
This feature is the most significant difference between the two counterparts. The Cubii Pro comes with Bluetooth connectivity that lets you connect the elliptical to any of the other tracking devices ranging from a Fitbit, apple watch, or your mobile.
You only need the Cubii App to connect it to your mobile, and you can track your progress right from your mobile. Connecting it to other devices also lets you track some other things like your heartbeat, which is essential for seniors.
Connectivity is important because in order to track your progress over time, you need to store your data in an easy-to-use format, and what better to do so than in your mobile phone which can show you all the data at the touch of a button. Imagine if you are trying to see whether your heart rate has increased during exercise over two months of exercise, how else will you know?
The Cubii Jr does not feature Bluetooth, so you have to manually track your performance all the time.
Winner: Cubii Pro
You may also like Best Stationary Bikes for the Elderly
Both the machines have the same level of resistance, but the Cubii Pro claims to burn up to 125 calories an hour, whereas the Cubii Jr. does not make any claims like this.
Still, it will be good to guess that they will be burning the same amount of calories, but this round goes to the Cubii Pro due to the claim.
Winner: Cubii Pro
Both the ellipticals are almost identical in this aspect as both are whisper quiet and do not make any noise still; the Cubii Pro has a slight edge over Cubii Jr here. You can use this anywhere while doing anything else. For instance, if you are reading the newspaper, reading your favorite book, or writing your diary.
Winner: Cubii Pro
You may also like Best Bicycle For 50-Year-Old Man
Usually, the weight capacity is not a big concern for seated ellipticals because you don’t put your whole weight on them. But still, an elliptical must have a weight capacity of at least 200 pounds. The Cubii Jr. and the Cubii Pro have a weight limit of 250 pounds, sufficient for an under-desk elliptical.
Effect On Floors
As the Cubii Pro is much heavier, it can cause some scratches on a wooden floor. It’s not usually the case with the Cubii pro as it is 5 pounds lighter. One of the versions of the Cubii Jr., which is slightly more expensive than the regular version, and has a premium mat included in the package for the safety of your floors.
Winner: Cubii Jr.
You may also like Best Mountain Bike For Older Riders
Stand Out Features: Cubii Vs. Cubii Jr
Both the Cubii Pro and Cubii Jr. have similar features, but some features and specifications make both the seated ellipticals stand out.
In this section, we will list out the stand-out features for both the under desk ellipticals.
- Bluetooth Connectivity: This feature is the primary selling point of the Cubii Pro. It’s the only seated elliptical in this category that comes with Bluetooth. It lets you connect it to various tracking devices. You can also connect it with your mobile through the Cubii App. Cubii Jr does not have Bluetooth.
- Extra Accessories: One of the versions of the Cubii Jr., which is slightly more expensive than the standard version, and has a premium mat to protect your floors. It also has a dumbbell set which has two dumbbells of three pounds each. The extra dumbbells let you have an upper body workout as well.
- Portability: Both the seated ellipticals have a handle to carry it around anywhere you go which is not a feature in most other under-desk ellipticals in the market. Still, because the Cubii Jr. is more lightweight, as we mentioned earlier, it is more portable than the Cubii Pro.
- Extra Quiet: It is also a feature of the Cubii that makes it stands out from all the other brands. Both the Cubii Jr and Cubii Pro are completely silent and make little to no noise, but still, if we go by the customer reviews, then the Cubii Pro has a little edge over Cubii Jr. in this category.
You may also like Best Hybrid Bike For Seniors
Both the seated ellipticals from Cubii are the market leader in this category. It’s tough to declare a winner between these two under desk ellipticals. In conclusion, we will mention the appropriate buyers of both the seated ellipticals.
Use the Cubii Pro Under Desk Elliptical if
- You need Bluetooth connectivity to track your progress by connecting it to other devices like Fitbit, apple watch, and your mobile.
- You need a sturdy and robust structure that does not wobble around while exercising and ensures your safety.
- You want to burn enough calories to stay fit while sitting.
- You want a whisper-quiet seated elliptical that makes no sound.
Check this product out if you need the best under desk elliptical in the market.
Use the Cubii Jr. Under Desk Elliptical if
- You need a sturdy yet lightweight seated elliptical that is easily portable.
- You need a budget-friendly under desk elliptical and don’t want to spend extra bucks on additional features.
- You need some extra additional accessories such as a mat and dumbbell at just a few extra bucks.
Check out the Cubii Jr. if you need slightly budget-friendly seated ellipticals with almost all the features to be called one of the best in this category.
For more option, you should read Best Ellipticals for the Elderly.