We have reviewed the best TV speakers for elderly and hard of hearing. If you are in a hurry, the table below gives a quick snapshot of the top 6.
In America, one in three people between 65years and 74years have a hearing disability, which makes even the simple joy of watching television a source of friction for you.
Nobody likes a neighbor who runs his TV too loudly, and other family members who live with you may not appreciate your favorite news channel blaring at full volume all day.
However, the problem is never with the volume – always with clarity. What you need are high-quality speakers, which can help you distinguish sounds even at a low volume, and we are here to help you choose the best one!
Our Top Choice- Serene Innovation Wireless TV Speaker
The Sereonic Wireless TV Listening Speaker | TV-SB Portable Soundbox | Optical & Analog Connectivity | Extra Power Adapter | Diglo Microfiber Cloth is our top choice for the best TV speakers for elderly and hard of hearing
With voice highlighting feature and adjustable tone setting, this speaker stands out amongst other speakers available in the market.
It delivers a clear sound wherever you are in the home. Just switch on the TV and set the volume and tone, and you are all set to listen to rich, clear sounds.
Below are our reasons for picking this Speaker:
- Crystal clear sound quality in stereo tone
- Independent volume control. TV and speaker can operate on different volumes
- Two AC adapters are available for easy charging of the battery.
- Wireless rechargeable battery up to 8 hours of backup.
- Strong range up to 100 ft.
- Very easy to operate.
- Available at a budget-friendly price.
You may also like Best Medical Alert System For Hearing Impaired
Best TV Speaker For Elderly And Hard Of Hearing
#1 Serene Innovations TV-SB Wireless Speakers
Serene Innovations has brought to you speakers that will make your listing experience fun and full of excitement, especially for your elders. Elders who have a hearing problem need speakers that provide them with crystal clear sound that is soothing to the ears.
Without any distractions, you can enjoy watching your favorite serials with stereo sound. You can moreover, set up the volume according to your elder’s needs.
Set your speaker up to 100ft. away from the TV without having to compromise on sound quality or clarity. The speakers come with rechargeable batteries that give up to 10 hours of backup.
You also get an RCA cord, splitter, 2AC adapters, one wireless receiver, and one transmitter base with the speaker. An extra AC adapter is available with the speaker that makes this device one of the best for elders.
- Crystal clear stereo sound quality
- Wireless and portable. You can listen to your favorite show up to a 100 ft. away from the TV without any loss of clarity.
- Independent volume control. The TV and speaker do not need to operate at the same volume.
- 2 AC adapters are available with the speaker.
- Rechargeable battery with 10 hours of backup.
- With an audio control feature.
- Some users complained that the audio jacks provided do not work
- The device comes with only one year warranty.
- The speaker did not work after a few months for some users
- It is not Bluetooth enabled
Here we have a video that shows pairing instruction for Serene Innovations TV-SB Wireless Speakers.
You may also like Are Used Hearing Aids Right for You?
#2 Tosima Wireless Speakers For Elders
Now elders at home can enjoy the sound of the tv that is not disturbing and crystal clear. Even when 30 meters away, listening to the TV can be fun for elders who have hearing issues.
The speakers can be connected to a set-top box, TV, phone, DVD player, and PC. The base transmitter can be connected to the TV directly.
It has a strong handle that allows you to take the speaker anywhere in the house. With a size of 16.2*5.8*12.8 cm and a weight of 730 grams, the speaker is the best wireless device elders can have for themselves.
- 2.4 GHz TV comfort hearing system.
- Wireless with headphone hack design.
- Inbuilt 1000 mAh rechargeable lithium batteries.
- 3.5mm headphone output jack.
- Simple design and easy to use.
- The battery runs for 8 hours and needs 3 hours of charging time.
- It comes with volume control features.
- Consumes 6 Watt power and works with a DC adapter 5V1.5 A.
- The speaker does not mute when you mute the TV.
#3 Sophinique Wireless Speakers for Seniors
Sophinique supports a transmission distance of 98.5ft that makes it perfectly wireless, and you can take it wherever you go. It has a Lithium-ion battery with a 1600mAh capacity that works for 8 hours.
The batteries are rechargeable and work with an AC adapter. Speakers are the perfect device for both indoor as well as outdoor use. Highly compatible as the speakers can work with any brand of Televisions.
One thing to note is that the TV must have a 3.5mm jack or RCA audio output for the speaker to work correctly.
- Excellent battery capacity and backup.
- Perfect gifting option for elders with hearing problems.
- Takes 3 hours to charge and runs for 8 hours.
- Item weighs only 700gm.
- Speaker comes with an AC adapter, RCA audio out, manual and 3.5mm plug.
- Only one year warranty available.
- The instruction manual is difficult to understand.
You may also like Where Can I Donate Hearing Aids?
#4 SIMOLIO Digital assisted hearing Amplifier wireless speakers
The speaker comes with a digital optical fiber connection and can be independently used as a wireless speaker for PC laptops, mobiles, etc. A perfect power-saving device as if there is no audio signal, the transmitter automatically goes into the standby mode.
The speaker works with 3.5mm audio out, RCA jacks, and also with digital optical audio Outputs. If you have audio out mode on your TV, use it with a wireless headphone for a better hearing experience. This speaker is one of the most affordable units and supports both RCA and 3.5mm analog connection.
Both the cables are included in the package itself.
- Big volume knob makes it easy to operate and works independently.
- The tone switch is inbuilt to deliver perfect dialog clarity.
- Advanced 2.4 GHz FHSS provides crystal clear sound.
- The rechargeable lithium battery that gives battery backup of 5-6 hours.
- 2 AC adaptors are available for hassle-free charging.
- Lightweight and portable speaker.
- Dolby \DTS sound is not supported.
- Optical fiber connection only works with the PCM setting.
#5 Sharper image wireless TV speaker
This cordless speaker is highly portable and can be taken from one room to the other. The device transmits audio via radiofrequency. You can easily connect the speaker to the TV VIA RCA jack.
It works well with all brands of the TV, even smart TVs. You can also use the speaker by removing it from the base and use it on a table.
This compact device is perfect for elders to carry it from one room to the other. Lightweight and highly portable to use. Get clear stereo sound by setting the volume knob according to your preference.
Take the speaker 100 feet away from the base to enjoy your TV serial without hampering your work.
- It comes with inbuilt 5W speakers.
- Volume control works independently.
- Works great up to 100 feet distance.
- Tone can be controlled according to need (low, medium, high).
- No warranty available with the product.
You may also like Hearing Aids vs Hearing Amplifiers
#6 SEREONIC T- soundbox wireless TV speaker for hard of hearing
This portable device works well for all those elders who are hard of hearing. These wireless speakers help take the speaker in any room where you want to and enjoy the audio with crystal clear sound.
It works well with Bluetooth, RCA cable, 3.5mm, and digital audio hence allows excellent connectivity. You need to switch on the speaker and turn on the volume according to your need.
Pair it with the Bluetooth via ph, laptop, PC, and more by pressing the Bluetooth button at the speaker’s back.
Its sleek and compact design makes it user friendly. Pair the device with almost ten additional receivers by pressing the pairing button. It has a low battery indicator that helps to know when you need to charge the speaker for the next use.
- Its uniqueness is it turns off automatically if you fall asleep.
- Works with digital voice clarifying technology that improves the hearing experience.
- Highly compatible as it works with Bluetooth connectivity, 3.5mm audio jack, and RCA jack.
- Adjustable voice tone button.
- Convenient to connect.
- Works with one lithium battery.
- A little expensive as compared to other speakers.
What Should You Look For before Buying a TV Speaker for the Elderly and Hard of Hearing?
After proper research and analyzing the customers’ reviews, we have selected the best speakers for your TV with these features that will suit your elders.
Crystal clear sound
Elders who have hearing issues, find it hard to understand and miss their favorite dialogues while watching TV. With these wireless TV speakers, they get a clear sound that makes every word and dialogue audible. Before buying a speaker, go through its features that it gives crystal clear sound.
It is not always possible for elders to listen to their favorite dialogues and songs on TV by sitting right in front of it. When elders wish to carry the speaker to the garden, kitchen, study, or any other room in the house, there are times. They’re portable, and lightweight speakers are the best to choose for old age people.
You may also like Best Headphones For Autistic Children And Adults
Convenient handle grip
This makes it convenient to carry the speaker from one room to another. With a proper handle with a supreme grip, holding the speaker becomes very easy for the house’s elders.
Wireless speakers for the TV with rechargeable batteries are the best. This does not stop the entertainment of the elders. Therefore, buy speakers that have rechargeable batteries with at least 8-10 hours of battery backup.
It is better to buy speakers that have all the attachments with it. AC adapter is a must amongst the attachments. RCA cable, manual and 3.5mm output plug, and a user manual. This makes it easy to connect the speaker to the TV, laptop, PC, DVD, and more.
You may also like Best Device for the Elderly to Listen to Audiobooks
Frequently Asked Questions
Why isn’t the sound of the TV clear after connecting all the cables to the speaker?
It depends on the TV set; therefore, ensure all the cables are connected to the TV correctly. Secondly, check the format of your TV from the settings. Is it an audio format, PCM, or any other setting is needed. Next, you can also check the audio setting and enable “external audio speaker” to ensure the TV’s sound is clear.
Do speakers mute the TV sound? Can other family members hear the TV audio clearly when the speaker is connected to it?
All the latest TV versions do not mute the TV sound even if it is connected to the speaker. Mostly the internal as well as the external volume of the television work simultaneously. For some TV’s you need to select the TV speaker from the TV sound output list to check whether the sound is clear to the other family members watching TV.
What is the best wireless range the TV speakers can connect to?
The best range is 150 feet to a minimum of 100 feet. As it is not always the elder, want to watch TV by sitting in front of it. Elders like to entertain themselves by sitting in the garden, working in the kitchen, and doing some work in the bedroom. Therefore before buying a wireless speaker, do check its range. A minimum of 100 feet transmitter range is best to go for.
With a little effort, we can provide the best things to our loved ones and one such thing is a TV speaker. It is an ideal product for our elders and people with hearing issues.
In this article, we have selected the best TV speakers for elderly and hard of hearing based on the features mentioned in our buyer’s guide and the ratings and comments mentioned by actual users on Amazon.
In our opinion, the Sereonic Wireless TV Listening Speaker | TV-SB Portable Soundbox | Optical & Analog Connectivity | Extra Power Adapter | Diglo Microfiber Cloth is the best choice among the various options that we have considered because it is best for people with hearing impairment, rich in features and serves the purpose.
If you are looking for a value for money option, you can also consider the Wireless TV Speakers for Hard of Hearing Impaired, Senior Hearing Assistance Speaker for TV, TOSIMA Soundbox for Hard of Hearing and Elderly (TV Need 3.5mm Jack or Audio Out Plug) Black, which offers great value and features at a very reasonable price point.