We have reviewed the best putter for shaky hands. If you are in a hurry, the table below gives a quick snapshot of the top ones.
The primary cause of shaky hands is a disease known as essential tremor (ET). While most people associate shaky hands with Parkinson’s’, ET is the most prevalent cause.
According to a research study that combined several other studies to derive its results, 6.38–7.63 million (Mean = 7.01mn), people in America suffered from ET in 2012. That’s nearly 2 in every 100. The study goes on to show that the prevalence increases with age, as one would expect.
So if you are an avid golfer and you have a mild case of ET, how do you make those perfect putts that made your game so perfect?
Well, what you need is the right putter. It should have a solid grip, help you align, and have a heavier head to make it easier to make a perfect shot.
So let’s have a look at the best putter for shaky hands.
Our Top Choice – Pinemeadow Golf Putter for Seniors
The is our top choice for Best Putter For Shaky Hands.
This putter has a precise white finish that stands out when playing in the golf course’s green grass. The contrast of the white against the green helps the golfer focus on their alignment, making it easier to make the shot.
This is a mallet type putter, famous for better alignment. It has a heavier head, which gives more stability even if you are facing mild tremors.
Some more features of this golf putter are:
- The contrast of the white putter against the course green makes it easier to focus on alignment and therefore helps you even if your hands are shaking a bit.
- It is a mallet type putter that is famously used for increasing the accuracy, focus, and alignment of its users.
- This putter has an ergonomic rubber grip, which increases the putter’s stability and helps the people who have shaky hands.
- This putter also comes with a special sturdy and wear-resistant headcover that protects the mallet head from potential scuffs and scratches.
- It also has a shaft length of 34 inches, making it perfect for elderly golfers as they don’t have to bend down while making the shot.
Best Putter for Shaky Hands
#1 Pinemeadow Golf Putter for Seniors
The Pinemeadow golf putter has a precise white finish that stands out when playing in the golf course’s green grass. This special contrast of white and green allows the users to focus more on the lines’ alignment, enabling someone with shaky hands to hit the target perfectly.
This golf putter has an additional 40 grams of weight in the mallet compared to a regular one. This weight distribution makes it good for people with a shaky hand
Its height is 34 inches, which makes it easy to play without bending knees. For senior people, that can be a real boon. It also has an ideal weight, neither too heavy nor too light for playing golf. Its weight is 1.19 pounds.
Here we have a video that features Pinemeadow Golf Putter.
- The main hand orientation of the putter is right-handed.
- This golf putter has 380 grams with additional 40 grams of mallet putter. This weight distribution makes hitting the golf ball easy.
- Due to the additional weight in the putter, you will get a smooth forward spinning ball with lesser skid, making your shots more stable.
- This putter has an ergonomic handgrip, which aids the elderly with shaky hands to have a firm grip.
- You also get a headcover to protect the putter’s head from any potential scratches or dings.
- Some users found the head to be angled far too much for a comfortable shot.
- The face plate tends to fall off with repeated rough use.
You might be interested in reading: How To Treat Shaky Hands At Home
#2 S7K Standing Putter
The standing putter will let you rectify the alignment before the stroke, thus helps in getting the correct alignment each time. This is a very cool feature for intermittent shaky hands because it can be fairly difficult to get the right alignment without a good standing putter.
Apart from this, there are several other great features, such as ambidexterity, standing upon itself even on slopes, perfect setup (no shaft alignment needed before every shot), built-in strike dot and impact position (tells you where to focus your contact), and an exceptional feel and balance.
- Standing putter. Set the putter in place, stand back, check the alignment, and make the shot – it’s a perfect setup for someone with light tremors.
- Ambidextrous – available for either hand. Use it with whatever hand you are comfortable with.
- Perfect setup, no need to align the shaft before every shot.
- Built-in strike dot and impact position so you know exactly where to focus your strength.
- Exceptional balance, roll and feel.
- Tournament legal has a 1-year manufacturing warranty as well.
- It’s a light putter, which is perfect for those with shaky hands, but players may not be able to use it to make a strong shot.
- The face of the putter is not rust-resistant, so you might want to think twice before playing with it in wet conditions.
#3 Callaway Odyssey Golf Putter
The Callaway Odyssey Golf putter has a timeless blade design that enhances the sound, feels, and user’s performance. The putter’s heel placement combines a full-shaft offset along with a crank neck to maximize the feel, accuracy, and alignment with the putter.
This golf putter’s shaft is made out of solid steel, which is quite wear-resistant. Its weight is 1.2 pounds, which is not too heavy for a good putter and is ideal for someone with shaky hands. Contrasting alignment on its topline increases stroke consistency and alignment, making it easier to make a shot with shaky hands.
- The putter has a contrasting alignment, which helps the users maintain a good focus, and it also increases stroke consistency and accuracy.
- It has a laser milling insert cutting process, which helps the users to achieve tight tolerance.
- It has weight placement on the heel/toe, which increases forgiveness and improves responsiveness on across the face strikes.
- This putter is available for both left and right-handed people. It provides a good grip to seniors who have shaky hands.
- This putter’s size is 33 inches, an ideal height for the seniors, whether they are tall or short.
- The putter has a firm grip which is also important for players with shaky hands.
- There were a few complaints about the product being shipped in damaged condition, so do be open to the possibility of having to return it.
You might be interested in reading: How to Stop Shaky Hands When Gaming
#4 Gosports Classic Golf Putter
This golf putter has a synthetic putter head, which allows the users to maintain a good focus and accuracy while hitting the golf ball. It is designed in a traditional putter shape and style.
The classic golf putter has a very premium quality tapered steel shaft as it is wear-resistant and does not bend easily even under high strain and pressure.
The shaft is made out of high-quality zinc alloy, which is a sturdy and reliable material.
It has a premium grip suitable for the elderly with shaky hands as the grip has a flat front and contoured back, which encourages correct face alignment. Its height is 35 inches, suitable for seniors who do not like to bend down.
- The putter’s weight is 1 pound. It is a lightweight putter suitable for players with shaky hands to swing easily.
- Its grip is also two-way rubberized, which enhances the comfort and stability of the putter.
- This golf putter also enhances the balance and power of the golf swing with premium quality built.
- This golf putter is available for both left-handed and right-handed golfers.
- According to some users, this putter was ideal for shorter golf courses.
- The golf putter has a sleek blade design, which requires good precision to hit the golf ball.
#5 Cleveland Golf Putter
This Cleveland golf putter has a solid steel frame shaft, which is highly wear-resistant and highly durable. It weighs 1.5 pounds, which is the ideal weight for a golf putter, and it also makes this putter easy to use for the elderly because of its ideal weight.
The putter’s size is 33 inches. Its height is suitable for people with all height ranges, as it is not too tall or not too small.
- The hand orientation of the putter is specially designed for left-handed people.
- This putter is not face-balanced; instead, it is a blade putter.
- The golf putter’s grip is made out of special rubber, which increases the firmness of the user’s grip, especially for the seniors who have shaky hands.
- The weight distribution of the putter head is very well balanced, which allows the users to maintain the power and stability in a swing.
- The sleek-style blade design is very functional, but it is also very eye appealing which and the putter head is angled at a right angle, which provides a good elevation while hitting the golf ball.
- According to some buyers, the grip of the putter was thin and slippery.
You might be interested in reading: Best Camera For Shaky Hands
#6 TaylorMade Golf Putter
The TaylorMade golf putter is a very strong golf putter which is made out of premium quality steel. It has a very small slant hosel, ideal for the players who like to release the putter and have an arching putting stroke.
This putter also has a double bend hosel, a perfect fit for the players who prefer to have a straight back while playing golf and like to play a straight through stroke.
- This golf putter also has a square-shaped design that helps the users achieve a better alignment for a good stroke.
- It has a PU foam embedded between the body and the putter’s frame, enhancing its feel and sound. This foam also dampens the vibrations in the putter on impact.
- The putter’s height is 34 inches and has a right-handed orientation, enhancing the gripping power for seniors with shaky hands.
- This putter also comes with a tough headcover, which prevents the putter head from sustaining any damage and scratches.
- The shaft of the putter may rust if frequently exposed to wet conditions. Wiping it dry after use is recommended.
#7 Ray Cook Golf Putter
The Ray Cook golf putter has a slightly weighted head which makes it perfect for golfers with shaky hands to make a more stable shot.
It has a super mid-sized grip that allows golfers with shaky hands to maintain a good grip.
This is a premium cast putter that is precisely tour weighted and balanced to give the player a soft feeling and great consistency in shot-making.
The putter’s shaft is made out of solid steel, making the putter very durable and reliable. It has a striking black finish highlighted with red and white detailing. This makes the putter eye-appealing and helps the users maintain a good focus while playing golf.
- The putter head’s weight is 360 grams, with a slightly weighted head, which allows the player to have a balanced swing while playing golf.
- It is a face-balanced putter, different from the regular toe balanced putters.
- It has a super mid-sized grip for more consistent shots.
- The putter has a right-hand orientation and comes with an additional headcover, which protects the putter head from sustaining any damage.
- The putter is available in 34 and 35-inch sizes, which is ideal for seniors as they don’t need to bend a lot as mostly they face back-related issues.
- This putter has a head cover included.
- The putter is not as center balanced as one would tend to expect, so you need a bit of additional power to sink longer holes.
You might be interested in reading: Best Theraputty- Exercise Putty for Hand Strength
Buyer’s Guide: Best Putter For Shaky Hands
The best golf putters for seniors with shaky hands also need to have a balanced design, and the weight of the head should be distributed equally. If the weight is not distributed equally, the user faces difficulties maintaining their strokes while playing golf. Generally, most golfers prefer to use putters with balanced weight as they are easy to use and usually yield good results.
The best golf putters for seniors with shaky hands must have a comfortable grip, allowing them to maintain a proper form while playing golf.
Stability in hands is an essential factor in golf to maintain stroke consistency, which can be difficult for the people suffering from shaky hands. Many golf puts are specially designed to cater to people with left-hand orientation or right-hand orientation to curb this problem.
Solid and Reliable Shaft
A solid and reliable shaft provides durability and makes the putter ideal for those with shaky hands. For the putter to have a long life, it must have a tough shaft made from materials known for their rigidity, such as steel, aluminum, zinc alloy, etc.
Ideal Shaft Length
The ideal shaft length for a functional golf putter lies between 32 inches to 35 inches. This length of the shaft is suitable for the majority of golf players. This sort of length is also highly appreciated by the elderly as they don’t have to bend too much to play golf with these kinds of putters. Generally, most seniors suffer from back-related issues, which can be aggravated by using small length putters.
You might be interested in reading: Can Anxiety Cause Shaky Hands
Frequently Asked Questions: Best Putter for Shaky Hands
Q: What causes a senior person’s hands to shake?
Generally, most people associate Parkinson’s disease with shaking hands in the elderly, though that is not true. Because essential tremors are the major cause of shaking hands in seniors.
Q: Should I use a 34-inch putter or a 35-inch putter?
The length of the putter which a person uses depends on the height of the person. For instance, people who have a height between 5 feet 10 inches and 5 feet 11 inches should use a 34-inch putter. Similarly, people with height of 6 feet or more should use a 35-inch putter.
Q: What are the different types of putters?
There are mainly three types of putters: blade type putters, peripheral-weighted type putters, and mallet type putters. Blade putters are ideal for players who play forward strokes. The peripheral-weighted putters have additional weights, which add more power to the strike, and mallet putters have a low center of gravity, giving the players good alignment and good focus.
A good putter can enhance the game of a golfer tremendously, and nothing is better than a sturdy, sleek, good grip putter for seniors with shaky hands.
In this article, we have selected the best putter for shaky hands based on the features mentioned in our buyer’s guide and the ratings and comments mentioned by actual users on Amazon.
In our opinion, the is the best choice among the various options that we have considered because it has ideal weight and height for seniors and rich in other features.
If you are looking for a value for money option, you can also consider the GoSports The Classic Golf Putter - Premium Grip and Putt Putt Style Two-Way Head for Right or Left Handed Golfers - 35" Length, which offers great value and features at a very reasonable price point.
We love senior golfers! Do read more:
- Best Golf Balls for Seniors
- Best Golf Rangefinders for Shaky Hands
- Best Golf Clubs for Tall Seniors
- Best Golf Irons For Seniors
- Best Golf Gloves for Arthritis