In this article, we have reviewed the best pregnancy pillows for plus size. If you are in a hurry, the table below gives a quick snapshot of the top 6.
While motherhood is certainly one of the most transformative experiences of a woman’s life, modern technology has ensured that it does not have to be the most painful experience as well.
If you are expecting, and a bit on the heavier side, then a pregnancy pillow will definitely help in making you comfortable. Let us help you by creating a list of the best pregnancy pillows for plus-size people.
Our Top Choice – PharMeDoc Pregnancy Pillow
The Pharmedoc Pregnancy Pillows, U-Shape Full Body Pillow – Jersey Cover Grey – Pregnancy Pillows for Sleeping – Body Pillows for Adults, Maternity Pillow and Pregnancy Must Haves is our top choice for Best Pregnancy Pillows For Plus Size because it has a very comfortable design.
It is soft and skin-friendly, it has a pure cotton liner, and the filling is 7D hollow fiber cotton. It supports the waist and abdomen in the mid and mid-term and helps relieve stress.
It can even be used as a breastfeeding pillow during breastfeeding to reduce arm fatigue. Some of its useful features are:
- This pillow promotes the left sleeping position through a comfortable design. Left sleeping is considered healthy for the fetus.
- The pillow supports your waist and belly during the midterm of your pregnancy, helping to relieve stress.
- It is also a multi-purpose pillow that can be used for properly positioning the baby postpartum and while breastfeeding.
- The pillow is 180 cm long and 80 cm wide, making it the right size to support plus-sized women while sleeping or resting.
- The pillowcase is made of combed cotton, which is a very soft material, comfortable, and breathable to touch.
- It has a pure cotton liner and is filled with 7D cotton, making it extremely plush and fluffy. The material remains fluffy throughout the period of pregnancy and does not fall flat.
- The design of the pillow mimics and supports the curves of plus-sized pregnant women.
- It provides a lot of additional support to the back, legs, belly, and neck to ensure the user’s safety.
Best Pregnancy Pillows For Plus Size
#1 PharMeDoc Pregnancy Pillow
The PharMeDoc Pregnancy Pillow is very soft as well as comfortable. this U-shaped pillow is filled with soft combed cotton, giving it a nice and fluffy feel. The pillowcase is very soft and skin-friendly and is made of Jersey Knit Cotton.
This pregnancy pillow comes with an extension that is detachable from the main pillow, that forms a smaller, separate body pillow. When attached to the main pillow, this extension provides extra support for plus-sized women.
The pillow is ideal for all the different stages of pregnancy. It helps the user develop a habit of sleeping on the left side, which is important for the fetus’s development.
- A multi-purpose pillow that can be used for lying, sitting, breastfeeding, and relieving stress.
- Provides the back and abdomen with firm support.
- The dimensions of the pillow are 180 cm length for one side, 110 cm length for the other side, and 80 cm wide.
- The pillow’s design is ideal for supporting a pregnant woman’s curves, making her feel more safe and relaxed.
- Backrest to support the pregnant women’s spine as they are prone to back problems in the last pregnancy stages.
- Available in 13 different colors.
- The pillow weighs 8.82 pounds, which can be heavy to lift for pregnant women.
You may also like Uses Of A TENS Machine For Period Pain Reduction
#2. Queen Rose Maternity Pillow
The main thing that people look for in a maternity pillow is comfort. If you are looking for a maternity pillow with maximum comfort within the budget, Queen Rose has come up with their U-Shaped Maternity Pillow for a cozy and comfortable sleep.
The ergonomically designed pillow allows you to have a comfortable sleep and provides maximum support to your pregnant body. The shape, size, and design are such that they can support both sides of your body while you snuggle up between the two flanks.
The pillow is also a good buy for those who have body aches, fibromyalgia, carpal tunnel syndrome, gastric reflux, or any pain while sleeping. The pillow design is such that it provides the ultimate posture for painless support during pregnancy and nursing, or in case of body pains.
The pure satin cover not only increases the look of the pillow but also increases the comfort factor. It comes with long-lasting comfort and durability. You can machine wash this pillow cover. The double zipper ensures that you do not face any trouble while removing the pillow cover for cleaning it.
- The optimized strength and hardness of the pillow provide you with the best comfort and support during your pregnancy or when you are in your nursing period.
- The pillow can correct your posture while you sleep and get rid of any pain in your body caused due to wrong postures.
- The ergonomic design and maximum comfort ensure that you get maximum support and the ultimate soft and cozy surrounding while sleeping.
- The item is easy to clean and maintain. It is durable.
- It is a short pillow, so if height is above average, it might not be sufficient to suit your requirement. I suggest that you look into the dimensions before you decide on purchasing it.
#3 Qazxsw Full Body Maternity Pillow
The Qazxsw full body maternity pillow provides the women with all-round pregnancy comfort as well as protection. The fabric of the pillow is a high-quality fabric that can withstand a lot of wear and tear.No products found.
It is also breathable and stretchy, which makes the pillowcase odorless. The fabric is soft and tender on all types of skin.
It has an ergonomic design in the shape of the letter’ U’, enabling the pregnant woman to have an ideal posture. Around the mid-trimester, pregnant women usually face backaches and neck-related problems. This pillow can reduce the fatigue and stress of such areas.
- 7D hollow fiber cotton is top-notch quality cotton famous for its fluffiness and odorless properties.
- The dimensions of the pillow are 80 cm wide, 180 cm for one side, and 110 cm for the other side.
- Soft and skin-friendly pillowcase.
- Ensures healthy development of the fetus during all the stages.
- Multi-purpose pillow with ideal support waist, neck, abdomen, and back.
- Detachable zip, which allows the user to add or remove the cotton. This can reduce the original comfort of the pillow.
- Available only in Lattice color.
No products found.
You may also like Must Haves After a C-Section
#4 QUEEN ROSE Pregnancy Pillow
The QUEEN ROSE Pregnancy Pillow has a special double C design made to cater to the needs of a pregnant woman. The shape of the pillow adjusts itself to the shape and size of your body throughout the pregnancy. This means that you remain comfortable throughout your expecting weeks.
The pillow is useful for plus-sized people as it has a design that aligns with the body’s curves.
It has an A-grade crystal velvet fabric, which is very stylish as well as a breathable fabric. The pillow’s dimensions are 55 inches in length, 31 inches in width, and seven inches in height.
- It eliminates the need for extra pillows as this one pillow provides the comfort of many pillows.
- The pillows have a zipper on both the inner and the outer cover to do cleaning and washing easily, which also maintains the pillow’s hygiene.
- The lining of the pillowcase has a durable and high-density medical non-woven fabric.
- 3D -7D nine-hole top-quality cotton.
- Multi-purpose and Multifunctional pillows used to treat a lot of problems.
- The pillow is suitable for people having a height between 150 to 178 cm.
- It is also suitable for people who have their weight in between 48 to 75 kg.
#5 PREDUXYOW Pregnancy Full Body Pillow
The pillowcase of the pillow has a hypoallergenic and breathable fabric making the pillow free from germs and hygienic. It is also super soft and stretchy made out of 100% pure cotton, whereas the cotton inside the pillow is high elastic PP cotton.No products found.
The pillow allows not only pregnant women but also plus-sized people to have the sweetest sleep. It has an ergonomic G shape that mimics the natural sleeping position of a person. The pillowcase has dual zippers, Which are easy to clean and remove.
- It is a multi-purpose pillow used in different positions according to the user’s needs.
- 360° all round body support to relieve stress and fatigue from various parts of the body.
- The pillowcase is machine washable.
- The pillow’s lining has precision stitching with double sewing so that the thread does not split.
- The dimensions of the pillow are 180 cm in length, 110 cm length of the other side of the G, and 80 cm width.
- Handmade cushions, which may lead to a slight 2-3 cm size deviation.
No products found.
You may also like Wedge Pillow for Prolapse
#6 AngQi Pregnancy Full Body Pillow
The AngQi pregnancy full body pillow provides extreme huggable comfort to the pregnant women and the plus-sized people. It has a gray velvet fabric pillowcase.
The velvet is a breathable fabric that prevents the accumulation of odor and is very easy to clean.
The pillow is an oversized ‘U’ shaped size that fully supports the sleeping body’s natural shape. It is long enough for the user to stretch completely and still has supported both sides of the body.
- The pillow is 70″ long and 35 “wide, suitable for pregnant women and sized individuals.
- It has a two-layered fabric, the outer layer is jersey knit fabric, and the inner fabric is high-quality polyester.
- It is also great for athletes and the elderly who suffer from back or neck-related problems.
- A highly durable pillow that would not loosely shape after washing and remain fluffy even after intense use.
- Dual zippers allow the user easy access to maintain the Filling and the hygiene of the pillow.
- The pillow weighs 10.18 pounds, which is heavy for pregnant women and-sized people to lift.
- The pillow takes time to expand after it is shipped.
#7 OCCNEEL Full Body Maternity Pillow
The OCCNEEL pillow is a full-body pillow suitable for pregnant women, plus-sized people, the elderly, and many other people. It has a very functional ‘U’ shape design.No products found.
The special design fully supports the body and also allows the user to stretch their body. The pillow has a Velcro design allowing pillow spacing.
Keeps the spine and the hips in a neutral position and prevents them from any problem. The dimensions of the pillow are 180 cm length, 80 cm length, and 20 cm width. Promotes proper circulation of the blood throughout the body.
- A small detachable pillow which supports the abdomen and does not oppress the belly.
- All season friendly pillow.
- 3D air bubble layering making the pillow comfy and fluffy.
- The quality of cotton inside the pillow is very high and is highly elastic vacuum fiber cotton.
- The pillow enables the user to have an ideal body position safe for the fetus and the mother.
- The weight of the pillow is 7.72 pounds heavy for pregnant women to pick up.
- It is pretty large, not so easy to carry around
No products found.
You may also like Best Mastectomy Pillows
What Should You Look For Before Buying Best Pregnancy Pillows for Plus Size?
• Ideal body position
The ideal maternity pillow should help it’s users to keep the ideal position for the proper growth and development of the fetus.
Sleeping on the left-hand side is conducive to the health of the fetus. The supine position is better in the early days of the pregnancy.
• Good Support
A pregnant woman’s body needs firm and comfortable support to various body parts such as back and abdomen support while sleeping.
The back is usually under a lot of strain because of the increase in weight. This similar problem is also faced by plus-sized people to reap the benefits of the pillow.
•Easy to clean
It is also important to maintain the pillow’s proper hygiene and keep it safe from all kinds of germs and bacteria. To prevent this, most of the pillowcases have dual layering, where the first layer is easily removable and easy to clean.
You may also like Best Foot Elevation Pillow
• Ergonomic Design
There are many ergonomic designs and shapes of the maternity pillows such as ‘U’,’G,’ ‘H’ shape designs. The pillow’s design should be long and wide enough to support people with different heights and sizes.
The pillowcase should also be skin-friendly and breathable. If the material of the pillow is not breathable, then it may develop a foul odor. The foul odor can be harmful to the health of pregnant women.
• High-quality cotton
The cotton inside the pillow should be durable. It should be able to remain fluffy even after intense usage. The hollow fiber cotton is also environment friendly and is odorless. The pillow should also regain its shape after use and should not deform easily.
Frequently Asked Questions: Best Pregnancy Pillows For Plus Size
Q. Can I use a regular body pillow during pregnancy?
Regular body pillows are not designed for supporting pregnant women. They might slip from their position while you are sleeping, and secondly, they are neither that soft nor that comfortable. It is better to start using a pregnancy pillow as early as possible.
Q: When should you start using such a pillow?
There is no fixed time to use a pregnancy pillow, but it is ideal to use them from the start to prevent a lot of problems and provide maximum comfort.
Q: Which pillow is better, a ‘U’ shaped pillow or a ‘C’ shaped pillow?
The shape of the pregnancy pillow depends on the type of sleeper the user is. For side sleepers, both the C-shaped and U-shaped pillow work fine, but U-shaped pillows are more beneficial for back sleepers.
Q: Are pregnancy pillows good for back pain?
Yes, pregnancy pillows are good for back pain as their design provides support to the back, which then relieves the user’s stress and fatigue. It is also ideal for plus-sized people as mostly they also suffer from back issues.
Q: Is it ok to sleep on the right side during pregnancy?
Yes, it’s completely fine for the pregnant woman to sleep on her right side. Sleeping on the left side is considered to be better as this ensures proper circulation of blood and maintains the fetus’s health.
Pregnant women need maximum care and support, and a pregnancy pillow is a wonderful aid that gives them the right support for sleeping and resting around their belly. When you are plus-sized, the requirement for support becomes even more important.
In this article, we have selected the Best Pregnancy Pillows For Plus Size based on the features mentioned in our buyer’s guide and the ratings and comments mentioned by actual users on Amazon.
In our opinion, the Pharmedoc Pregnancy Pillows, U-Shape Full Body Pillow – Jersey Cover Grey – Pregnancy Pillows for Sleeping – Body Pillows for Adults, Maternity Pillow and Pregnancy Must Haves is the best choice among the various options that we have considered because it is ideally designed, plush, and comfortable, made from a breathable material and has resilient 7D cotton filling which retains shape throughout your pregnancy.
If you are looking for a value for money option, you can also consider the AngQi Pregnancy Body Pillow with Gray Velvet Cover, U Shaped Full Body Pillow Maternity Pillow, which offers great value and features at a very reasonable price point.
While we make every effort to provide updated and correct information, the advice given in this article and website should not be construed as “medical advice”. Please consult with your physician or medical practitioner before using any pregnancy pillow. Each individual may have his or her unique issues, and your medical practitioner is the best person to decide the best Pregnancy Pillows For Plus Size for your case.