In this article, we have reviewed the best floor-to-ceiling grab bar poles. If you are in a hurry, the table below gives a quick snapshot of the top 6.
Over 800,000 patients in the US are hospitalized every year because of injury related to falling, and often the injury is serious such as a hip fracture or head injury
Falls can happen anywhere – in the bathroom, kitchen, or living room. A slippery surface left unnoticed from a water spill, an area rug that was not properly nailed down to the floor, and a missing bath rug outside the shower can all lead to falls and injury. If you have elders or loved ones at home who are at risk of a fall-related injury, then this article may give you a solution to your worries.
One tool that can keep all your tensions at bay is a floor-to-ceiling grab bar pole. They are specially designed for elders or people with disabilities. They provide safety and firmness when changing positions between sitting and standing, stepping over shower ledges, or bathtub, or getting into bed.
They can be installed anywhere, take up minimum space and due to their design, can cover a larger fall zone than any grab bar or area rug can ever hope to achieve.
Unfortunately, with the rising geriatric population in the states, there are several manufacturers who have started coming up with these life-saving devices, some of which may not be the best in quality or desired features.
Therefore, finding the best floor-to-ceiling grab bar pole in the market can be a tedious task. In this article, we have brought together information that can help you make the right decision, and product recommendations to make your job easier
Things to consider before you buy a floor to ceiling grab bar pole
The first thing to look for when you are buying a ceiling-to-floor pole is the product’s construction quality. Poles made of steel or high-grade aluminum are the most durable and dependable ones.
Since you are buying this grab bar pole for your loved ones’ safety, a sturdy and durable material has to be your most important criterion.
Floor to ceiling fit
Ensure that the pole mounts from your floor to the ceiling so that it can fit correctly and provide balance and support to the users. The bar needs to be able to help the users independently stand from the bed, couch, toilet, etc. without any person’s help. Therefore, make a prior measurement of your ceiling to floor height and ensure that the product you are buying is expandable to that range.
Handlebars and Soft-grip padding
Some poles come with additional parts such as soft-grip padding or handlebars for extra comfort, support, and safety. Buy the one that comes with such accessories or have a provision to install them.
The grab bar pole should be easily installed without any tools and must have rubber surfaces on both ends to prevent any type of damage to floor and ceilings.
Some bars can be removed from one place and reinstalled at some other place. You can take out the pole and install it anywhere, such as the bathroom, living room, or bedroom as and when required.
This is important if you have someone who is confined to bed. In that case, they might need the pole in their bedroom for the most part of the day, but for a few minutes, they would need it in the washroom as well.
Since your loved ones will put all their weight on the pole while standing or sitting, look for a product that can bear their weight.
Weight capacity can vary anywhere between 200 pounds to even 350 pounds, and you should always look for a product that can support at least 100 pounds more than the weight of your loved one.
Some poles’ height cannot be adjusted; hence you need to be very specific when purchasing them. But the height of some bars can be adjusted.
For convenience and portability, buy a grab bar pole whose height can easily be adjusted as per your ceiling’s height. Also, ensure that they are tension mounted that require no screws.
Buy a pole that can be used either as a bathroom grab bar, wheelchair-standing pole, chair standing handle, or bedside support handle.
However, one thing that is worth noticing before you buy a pole is that you must have a flat floor and ceiling to mount such a bar, or else it will not serve the purpose. Now let us look at the best options among floor-to-ceiling grab poles.
#1 Stander Store Security Pole
Stander secure security pole is a versatile curve grab bar. This is an ideal elderly tension mounted floor to ceiling grab pole. This curvy grab bar is designed to give full safety while transitioning between sitting and standing.
Its grab bar rotates and adjusts as per our needs. The ladder design on the grab bar allows the user to stand up with a natural hand motion.
This pole can be installed without any additional tools. It comes with its own wrench for assembly and installation.
Rubber pads are included at the top and bottom of the tension pole so that there is no damage to the floor or ceiling due to installation.
The security pole is constructed with four different hand grips. This gives a good grip and also prevents the user from falling. It is made with rust-resistant zinc-plated steel. The pole has a slim fit design specially made so that it can fit into tight and narrow spaces.
- Rotational grab bar adjusts its location as per the need of the user, and assists in easily getting up or sitting down
- Height adjustable pole between 7 to 10 feet
- Versatile product that can be used for stand up assistance, wheelchair transfers, bathroom grab bar, etc.
- Made from rust-resistant steel, durable product
- Rubber pads on either end to prevent damage to floor and ceiling
- Easy to assemble and remove
- The bar safely supports up to 300 pounds of weight.
- Ceiling bracket often does not align with the grab bar positions.
- The grab bar is a bit staggering or wobbles.
Here we have a video featuring how to assemble Stander Security Pole.
You may also like How Do You Help an Elderly Person Stand?
#2 HealthCraft Superpole With Superbar
Healhcraft Superpole with Superbar is uniquely designed for the comfort of its clients. This Superbar is a support solution for your bedroom, washroom, and the entire house. The easy to use grab bar on this pole rotates along with you for your convenience.
The grab bar on the super pole extrudes from the pole, thereby removing the need for your loved ones to stretch or twist themselves in order to use it.
This pole is made of stainless steel with an anti-microbial finish. Moreover, it can be easily installed within minutes. It can pivot quickly in small or narrow areas, such as in between bed and wall or narrow hallways.
It features a latex-free grip that provides comfort and full support, and traction for the user so that they do not slip while holding on to it. This Healthcare pole gives stability to those who need some extra support.
Additionally, it is equipped with adjustability features for ultimate support in your home. It is useful in providing non – slipping solutions and full security to the users.
- The pole is meant for standard 8 ft. height ceilings
- It can support up to 300 pounds of weight
- It is versatile, can be used in narrow areas like between the bed and the wall or in a narrow hallway
- The grab bar extrudes from the pole, eliminating the need to reach, stretch or twist yourself to use it.
- It allows users to transfer comfortably to wheelchair, walkers, or commode.
- This grab bar pole is designed both for residential or commercial use.
- Can be used for both bedroom and bathroom applications
- Sometimes, it does not sit firmly in the position.
- When you adjust the bar, the pole often makes a terrible noise.
You may also like Best Anti Fatigue Mat for Standing Desk
#3 Sammons Preston Transfer Pole
Sammons Preston transfer pole is an ideal standing pole designed for mobility assistance for elders, disability, or injured patients. This device is a perfect home care device for people.
This pole can be mounted to the floors and ceilings as it provides supportive handles for standing purposes. This pole is constructed with thick coated steel.
The transfer pole features a 20 inch padded rubber grip. Its padding material is specially designed for strength so that the user does not slip off while holding to it. The soft padding gives extra security and better mobility to the patients.
A rubber surface at both ends aids in protecting the floor and ceilings from any damage.
This transfer pole can be installed without the aid of any tools, therefore making it a fit device for any ceiling. It is an ideal ceiling bar pole for your standing and sitting purpose.
The pole is made from 1.25-inch thick epoxy coated stainless steel, which can adjust between 92 inches to 100 inches. It can support a weight of up to 200 pounds.
- Height adjustability between 92 to 100 inches
- A 20-inch rubber grip on the bar provides extra traction
- Epoxy coated steel manufacturing, durable and rust-free
- The pole is an ideal choice for people with disabilities, and older adults who need extra support.
- The grip section assists in better gripping and mobility.
- Its non-latex material gives better stability and usage to the users.
- Transfer pole and swivel arms often become rusty.
- The description does not tell how to install this pole.
- 200 pounds weight capacity is low, as compared to its competitors
You may also like Best Devices To Help One Stand Up
#4 Zelen Transfer Pole Security Grab Bar Floor
This Zelen transfer pole is a perfect medical tool that assists people in mobility and support. The security pole features a non- slip grip cover. This aids in additional stability while standing.
It comes in a comfortable handle to quickly get up or down. This floor to ceiling grab bar is suitable to install anywhere in your home. The pole set is constructed in a way to give support assistance to older adults.
The set features a pole support dome and pole support base. It comes with height-adjustable features. It is designed specially to fit flat surfaces.
People can also use it as a bathroom grab bar or as a chair standing assisting handle. This medical tool is made of high-grade aluminum. It features silicone pads that ideally hold a place in between floor and ceiling.
- Height adjustability between 8.8 ft to 10 ft, weight capacity: 300 pounds
- Easily to disassemble and install in a different room
- The security pole is an excellent medical tool for elders, seniors, or people who underwent surgery.
- It is a tremendous medical safety assistance equipment.
- The device is durable.
- No protruding grab bar can be difficult to reach from a more distant position
- Not sturdy when the rubber grip moves in the tubing.
- You have to tighten the grip daily.
You may also like Equipment to Help You Get Out of Bed
#5 Able Life Floor To Ceiling Grab Bar Pole
This grab bar is a versatile pole for your support needs. The bar offers safe and secure support for sitting, standing, or transferring an older adult to a walker or wheelchair. The unique slim design-assist it to fit in tight spaces.
This pole is an ideal height adjustable pole. So it can easily adjust the floor to ceiling so it can fit easily to flat ceilings. The rubber pads enable it to protect the floor and ceiling from all sorts of damages. The tool is equipped with an ergonomic grab handle. It gives better gripping while standing or sitting.
The ceiling bar features toilet rails and protruding handrails. You don’t need any additional accessory to install it in your room. The pole is constructed with rust plated steel with a durable powder coat finish.
- Height adjustability 7 to 9 ft., Maximum weight capacity 300 pounds
- The padded frame keeps the ceiling and floor safe
- Stability rail with support handle helps in efficient mobility and support.
- It provides full security while transitioning safely.
- The pole can be installed easily within a few minutes and without any hustles.
- No rubber grip on the grab bar
- It may not fit on drywall ceilings.
- It can leave marks or may get stuck to the ceiling while taking it down.
You may also like What to Do After Falling in the Shower?
#6 Signature Life Store Stand Pole
One pole that can cater to all your support needs. The floor to ceiling transfer pole is an ideal safety grab bar. This signature life pole has an adjustable hand grip . This gives security during transitioning between standing or sitting. This compatible pole is tension mounted.
The pole is constructed with a dual handgrip for ensuring efficient gripping. This medical tool allows older people to stand anywhere at their home safely. This stand pole is useful as a bathroom grab bar and wheelchair transfer pole. The padded handgrips will enable users to grab their support handles gently.
It can be installed at the side of the bed or in the toilet or shower. It is compatible with adjustable curve hand grips to ensure full safety and security. The padded handles give ease to install it anywhere in your home. Thus providing ideal solutions for mobility and support.
- Height adjustability: 7 to 10 ft, separate 2 ft. extension piece also available for taller ceilings
- Maximum weight capacity: 300 pounds
- 2 adjustable grab bars that can be positioned anywhere on the pole
- The multipurpose pole is height adjustable. It fits perfectly with flat or vaulted ceilings.
- Support handles embody safety while standing or sitting.
- It is constructed with rust-resistant aluminum and durable finish.
- It is suitable for people to recover from surgeries.
- Directions may sometimes confuse during the installation process.
You may also like How High Should Grab Bars Be Installed?
#7 Zelen Security Pole Shower Grab Bar
Zelen Security pole grab bar is an ideal safety bar for seniors and people with mobility issues. The bar is a uniquely designed U-shaped hand grip and non – grip slipcover. This aids in giving better stability while standing. The security pole is a perfect medical safety assistance equipment for the people.
This transfer pole is right to adjust from 8.8 to 10 feet in height. The bar is an ideal one to fit flat ceilings and most room sizes. Moreover, its slim design makes it capable of fitting in tight or narrow spaces. The bar features a solid grip facility to help people get up or down with comfort and ease.
This bed assist bar is constructed with high-grade aluminum. Therefore, its cleaning is easy because of its anti-rust qualities. The top and base feature rubber rings. The safety pole does not require any additional tool for its installation.
- Height adjustability: 8.8 to 10 ft, maximum weight capacity: 300 pounds
- Zelen security pole can also be used as a grab bar for shower, bathroom, and couch.
- A reliable handhold assists people in standing and rising.
- Rubber rings help to hold the pole in place between floor and ceiling.
- The safety bar assists in better mobility and support.
- No rubber grip on the grab bar
- Height adjustability is a bit low
You may also like Best Bath Lifts For The Elderly and the Disabled
It should be our goal to provide comfort to our loved ones and make their surroundings friendly and accident-free. A floor to ceiling grab bar pole is an ideal tool that can ease their movement and provide maximum support and comfort.
In this article, we have selected the best floor to ceiling grab bar pole based on the features mentioned in our buyer’s guide and the ratings and comments mentioned by actual users on Amazon.
In our opinion, the Stander Security Pole and Curve Grab Bar, Elderly Tension Mounted Floor to Ceiling Transfer Pole, Bathroom Safety Assist and Stability Rail, Iceberg White is the best choice among the various options that we have considered because it is rich in features and serves the purpose.
If you are looking for a value for money option, you can also consider the Able Life Universal Floor to Ceiling Grab Bar, Adjustable Floor to Ceiling Safety Pole with Security Support Handle for Fall Prevention, Tension Mounted Transfer Pole for Adults, Seniors, and Elderly, which offers great value and features at a very reasonable price point.