In this article, we have reviewed the best knee scooter accessories to make your ride comfortable. If you are in a hurry, the table below gives a quick snapshot. Or you can scroll down for detailed product reviews.
A knee scooter is probably the best tool for anyone with an injured leg to commute easily. Research has shown a very high positive satisfaction level among knee injury patients who have used a post-operative knee scooter.
Knee scooters are also gaining a lot of popularity in people who are medically fit because of its easy to use structure/design and how useful it is to commute from one place to another in small distances.
There are accessories that you can add in your knee scooter that can fit well with your personal needs and give you a much better and comfortable ride. This article will tell you about four such accessories and the best products available on Amazon for those categories.
Knee Scooter Accessories – Basket
#1 Knee Scooter Basket Accessory by TKWC INC
The Knee Scooter basket accessory by TKWC INC is very spacious and has a lot of room for your belongings while traveling, ranging from books, cell phone to a wallet, etc.
This knee scooter basket can hold upto 11 lbs in its basket. This knee scooter basket also attaches and detaches in just 2 minutes easily that helps you in portable use.
The TKWC INC Knee Scooter basket also fits in almost every standard-sized knee scooter. Fits 1 1/4″ – 1 3/8 (31mm-35mm) diameter tube.
It is easy to set up once received with an Allen wrench included. Its dimensions are 7″(W) 10″ (L) – 7″ (D).
- This knee scooter basket can hold upto 11 lbs in its basket.
- This knee scooter basket attaches and detaches in just 2 minutes easily that helps you in portable use.
- The TKWC INC Knee Scooter basket fits in almost every standard-sized knee scooter.
- The design of this basket is not too sturdy.
- The fastener does not thread properly, which causes the basket not to attach correctly.
You may also like Do Mobility Scooters Need Tax and Insurance
#2 KneeRover Basket Accessory
The kneeRover basket accessory is designed to fit most of the knee scooters without any problem. The KneeRover Knee scooter basket is durable with weather-resistant construction.
The basket gets easily detached and includes an ergonomic handle for easy carrying. It also easily and will securely mount on to the steering column of a knee scooter or knee walker. The basket easily attaches and detaches and includes an ergonomic handle for easy carrying.
It also easily and securely mounts to the steering column of the knee scooter. Its dimensions are 12 inches x 8 inches x 8.5 inches.
- The KneeRover basket accessory is designed to fit most of the knee scooter without any problem.
- The Kneerover Knee scooter basket is durable with weather-resistant construction.
- The basket easily attaches and detaches and includes an ergonomic handle for easy carrying.
- The KneeRover knee scooter does not fit well around the bar of the knee scooter.
- The adhesive foam lining the column bracket is too thin, and no matter how tight the screw is turned, the basket continually slides down the column.
Knee Scooter Cover Pads
#1 KneeRover Premium Knee Scooter Knee Pad Cover
The KneeRover Knee scooter pad cover is one of the first memory foam pad covers for knee scooters. Its technology of memory foam will provide long-lasting added comfort and distributes pressure evenly across the knee pad platform.
It has superior cushion and comfort to synthetic knee pad covers. It’s easy to install; just simply slip onto the knee platform and pull the convenient fastener to tighten. This knee pad cover fits in almost every standard knee scooter. Its dimensions are 15 x 2 x 9 inches.
- The KneeRover Knee scooter pad cover is one of the first memory foam pad covers for knee scooters.
- This knee pad cover fits in almost every standard knee scooter.
- It has superior cushion and comfort to synthetic knee pad covers.
- It’s easy to install.
- The Pocket is not deep enough to correctly fit onto the original pad; it keeps shifting.
- The padding is not thick enough.
You may also like Best Mobility Scooters for Outdoors
#2 Vive Mobility Walker Pad Cover
The Vive Mobility walker pad cover has soft memory foam that cushions the knee to reduce fatigue and effectively provide superior comfort. The foam padding will retain the shape by extensive use for long-lasting comfort.
The memory foam distributes the pressure evenly on the lower leg and knee across the knee scooter pad for a comfortable experience throughout the day. Evenly distributing the pressure created from kneeling on the knee pad reduces fatigue in the hip, knee, and legs.
It will reduce friction from the normal movements and prevents the skin from irritation for comfortable everyday use. The drawstring cover and integrated elastic straps easily secure the foam pad to the knee walker to create a secure, non-slip fit, which will effectively reduce everyday wear and tear on walker pads.
It fits in almost every standard knee scooter. Its dimensions are 15.1 x 7.2 x 2.6 inches.
- The Vive Mobility walker pad cover has soft memory foam that cushions the knee to reduce fatigue.
- The foam padding will retain the shape by extensive use for long-lasting comfort.
- The memory foam distributes the pressure evenly on the lower leg and knee across the knee scooter pad for a comfortable experience throughout the day.
- The memory foam of the knee pad moves around a little bit, which can be dangerous.
- The cushioning effect of the pad does not last long.
Knee Scooter Cup Holder
#1 KneeRover Cup Holder
The KneeRover cup holder will get easily attached to rollators, rolling walkers, wheelchairs, knee scooters, and knee walkers with a tubing diameter from 0.6 to 1.5 inches.
This cup holder can rotate all the way up to 360 degrees enabling installation on vertical and horizontal tubing. It can easily fit on the handlebar steering column and frame of the knee walker.
The quick-release clamp allows you to install the cup holder in seconds without any tools required. The clamp will lock the cup holder securely in place where the flexible arms will prevent the bottle from bouncing around.
It is made with rugged, durable, yet lightweight metal and plastic materials. It can fit a range of beverages, including 1L and 32 oz water bottles.
- It is made with rugged, durable, yet lightweight metal and plastic materials.
- This cup holder can rotate all the way upto 360 degrees.
- It can fit a range of beverages, including 1L and 32 oz water bottles.
- The quick-release clamp allows you to install the cup holder in seconds without any tools required.
- The material of the cup holder is really fragile.
- The design of the cup holder is not up to the mark.
You may also like How To Start A Mobility Scooter Without A Key
#2 BodyHealt Adjustable Cup Holder
The BodyHealt adjustable cup holder is outfitted with a clamp that fits a tubing of 1-inch diameter and it comes with inserts for small frames, and will allow you to attach to most knee scooters, rollators, bicycles, wheelchairs, and walkers.
The BodyHealt is compact in design and weighs less than half a pound so that it won’t increase the weight of your mobility equipment in which it’s attached. Attaching this cup holder onto your knee scooter is quick, easy, and doesn’t require any extra tools.
Simply pu the click on your handlebar, and tighten the thumbscrew with your hands. The cup holder will fit standard cans, bottles, size cups, and even will boast a slot on two sides to accommodate the mugs with handles.
The swivel attachment mechanism swivels to ensure your drink is on a constant level despite the degree of the frame so that you don’t need to worry about your drink spilling all over your equipment.
- The BodyHealt is compact in design and weighs less than half a pound so that it won’t add any extra weight.
- The swivel attachment mechanism swivels to ensure your drink is on a constant level despite the degree of the frame.
- The cup holder will fit standard cans, bottles, size cups, and even boast a slot on two sides to accommodate the mugs with handles.
- This cup holder doesn’t require any tools to attach to your knee scooter.
- It can slide a little on some models of the knee scooter.
- Not big enough to hold big water bottles.
You may also like What to Consider When Choosing a Mobility Scooter for the Elderly
Knee Scooter Bells
#1 Lycaon Knee Bicycle Bell
If you are looking for an easy and quick installation bike bell, Lycaon has the knee bicycle bell in place for you. What I like about this knee bike bell is that you can mount it on both the right and left sides of the bike handlebar at ease. It is best suited for handlebars having an outer ring diameter between 20 mm and 23 mm.
It comes with an advanced rotating collision sounding technique that produces a loud and clear sound, perfect use on busy roads.
You do not have to replace the bell often as the sturdy aluminum alloy covering can last long along with the hard plastic base. The aluminum alloy is rust-resistant, and so you can ride through all weather conditions or clean your bike with water without worrying about rusting its parts and affecting its durability.
The compact design ensures that it does not disrupt the look of your knee bike at any point. The weight of this knee bike bell is low, making it a convenient purchase for all bike riders.
- One of the best things about this bell is installing it easily within 10-15 minutes. The manufacturers provide a set of screws and a screwdriver along with the package for your ease of installation.
- The clear and crisp sound resulting from the advanced rotating collision sounding technology ensures that you can use the bike safely on busy roads.
- It can fit both on the left and the right sides of the bike’s handlebar, making it a convenient use for both-handed individuals. However, I recommended using it on the right handlebar for best performance.
- If your bike’s handlebar is more than 23 mm, this bell is not the right fit for the bike.
You may also like A Guide on How to Get a Mobility Scooter for Free
#2 Mirrycle Incredibell Bike Bell
The Mirrycle Incredibell Bike Bell is an adjustable bell. The bell’s dinger can adjust to any position around the dome and use any finger to ring the bell.
The strap of the bell will fit bars with diameters from 15mm to 39mm. It has a compact design, and it weighs only 9 ounces.
- The Mirrycle Incredibell Bike Bell is an adjustable bell.
- The bell’s dinger can adjust to any position around the dome and make it possible to use any finger to ring the bell.
- It has a compact design, and it weighs only 9 ounces.
- The bell is hard to tighten around the bar as it keeps falling.
- The bell is not loud enough in heavy traffic.
You may also like Best Electric Scooters for Seniors
There are many Knee Scooter Accessories to Make Your Ride Comfortable, and if you’re going to be using one for a reasonably long time, we suggest you give them a try.
While a basket is almost a must for carrying your phone, wallet and other personal belongings, accessories like knee pads keep your safe. A cup holder is great for holding your bottles and cans and a bell is always a welcome addition if you are in traffic.
If you would like to learn more about knee scooters, you should check out our articles on What is a Knee Scooter?