Let me take you through my tried and tested selection of the 7 best massage guns for sciatica. My top three choices are listed in the table below.
The nerves are an integral component of our body and have various vital functions. But, if somehow we develop any kind of nerve pain, it can be worse and result in extreme discomfort.
Sciatic pain occurs due to issues like slipped discs or when a soft tissue between the bones pushes out. Spinal stenosis can also be the reason for sciatic pain. Massaging helps to reduce the pain and enhances the comfort of the person.
I suffer from sciatica and knew a massage gun would be effective in my scenario. I have jotted down seven different types of massage guns to overcome this problem.
After researching and looking at the detailed features of the massage guns, I found these seven ones to be one of the best massage guns to overcome sciatic nerve pain. I have provided the detailed features of the massage guns, which can help you understand the specifications more accurately.
What To Look For If You Suffer From Sciatica Pain
Sciatica pain can vary from burning sensation, mild ache, or excruciating pain. Many patients feel like an electric jolt. Sitting for a more extended period can enhance the symptoms. It may turn out to be worse when you cough or sneeze.
Usually, only one side of the body is affected. You can go for a massage gun to alleviate the intensity of the scattered pain. You will learn about some crucial elements to look for in a massage gun to overcome sciatica pain.
I needed some immediate help with pain; hence, I selected a portable massage gun that could easily fit in a small bag.
The massage gun helps ease fatigue, relieve sore muscles, break knots and loosen tight muscles. We work in the office for long hours, go to the gym and perform multiple physical activities. Sciatic pain can be highly excruciating. Thus, the massage gun needs to be portable and lightweight to be carried everywhere.
Power and speed
I believe power and speed to be one of the significant elements to be considered. I found a percussion massage gun to be perfect for sciatic nerve pain.
The massage gun, which has 3000 RPM, works best to heal muscle stiffness. It may vary from 2000-3000 rpm to ease the muscle pain all over the body. The massage gun should work within 14-20 amplitude.
No. of Heads and Design
In my opinion, massage guns should be user-friendly, come with different types of heads, and be designed so that they can target all the muscle groups in the body. Common types of massage heads are fork, bullet, five points, flat, large ball, and small ball.
These heads have different functions and offer different pressures on the affected region. Hence I have selected only those massage guns that have multiple heads.
I find a massage gun perfect, with an accessible vibrational switch. I suggest the silicon material be excellent as it helps grasp the massage gun properly and avoid any kind of falls and slipping from the hand.
Each of us uses the massage gun when we are tired or suffer from high muscles after working for long hours. Using the massage gun with a high noise can result in irritation and noise. I always recommend going with a quiet massage gun that doesn’t make vibrational sounds.
I already wrote that the massage gun with the noise of 35dB-55dB is perfect for easing muscle pain and alleviating stress.
What You Should Look For In a Massager If You You Have Sciatica
Is vibration massage good for sciatica?
The vibration therapy helps to enhance the blood flow as the stiffness and helps overcome the soreness. Sciatic nerve pain usually occurs in the piriformis and hamstrings. Vibration therapy is excellent for overcoming sciatic pain. I have mentioned about seven different massage guns. All of them work efficiently and can provide good vibration therapy, which helps ease muscle pain.
Is a massage gun good for sciatica?
The massage can help enhance blood flow and ease the tight muscles with different pressures and intensities. I have recommended seven different types of massage guns suitable to relieve sciatica pain. You can choose one of these guns as they are portable and target all the muscle groups of the body. They have a wide variety of pros.
Can sciatica be cured with a massage gun through a high amplitude?
Sitting for a more extended period can aggravate sciatica pain. The amplitude of the massage gun is an essential element to be known.
I suggest that the amplitude from the massage gun should range from 14 to 60. In this article, you will come across the seven best massage guns for sciatica pain discovered and tested by me.
How do you permanently cure sciatica?
If you are suffering from sciatica like me, I have some bad news for you my friend – there is no permanent cure for sciatica.
There are ways and means that will help reduce the pain, even bring it down to tolerable levels and sometimes you might just start to feel that you are back to normal life. But in my experience, sciatica always strikes back, and the moment you let your guard down and start sitting for longer hours, you are just inviting it back into your life.
That said, massage guns, chiropractic treatments, massage, regular exercise, weight loss, proper diet, saddle chairs and many other things have proven themselves useful in pain reduction. Take your pick – you can try all of them to see which one works for you.
7 Best Massage Guns For Sciatica
#1 Flyby F1Pro – Handheld Neck & Back Massager
- Portability: 9.8/10
- Power and speed: 9.6/10
- No. of heads and Design: 9.9/10
- noise: 9.7/10
- Weight: 1.8lbs
- power source: Battery powered
- No. of massage heads: 6
- Pressure: 50lbs
- Speeds: 3
- RPM: 1800-3200 RPM
- noise: 40DB
- battery life: 4+ hours
- It relieves back and neck pain.
- It can work at three different speeds.
- It can help you overcome stiffness which occurs when we work for long periods.
- It comes with six other massage heads that can target other muscle groups.
- It helps in the elimination of lactic acid buildup in the body.
- You can overcome the risk of strains and sprains.
- It enhances blood circulation in the body.
- The beautiful matte finish comes in only black color.
The top reason I like using this massage gun is its powerful speed. We can charge it once and use it for a more extended period. Once we charge it, it can be used for more than four hours. If we use it regularly, we can enhance the flexibility of our joints and lower the risk of strains and sprains.
- Portability: The massage gun comes within a high-impact massager gun. I was able to handle it easily. It weighs only 1.8 lbs and provides muscle tension relaxation at home with just one use. As it doesn’t weigh much, I could carry it everywhere at my convenience.
- Power and speed: The best thing about this product is that I like its adjustable speed; it comes with three different powerful speeds. I can change the speed as per the pain and the intensity of the massage I need.
- No. of heads and Design: The massage gun comes with six different heads to target other muscles and alleviate the pain quickly. It is designed well, which I found to be useful as I could easily use it at six different muscle groups like a hammer, wedge, standard ball, large ball, spinal, and bullet.
- Noise: One of the most prominent reasons everybody should go for this massage gun is that it helps overcome the pain without making noise. I used it to get rid of the muscle pain, and it doesn’t create irritation due to the noise.
#2 LifePro Sonic Handheld Percussion Massage Gun
- Portability: 9.3/10
- Power and speed: 9.4/10
- Design: 9.2/10
- noise: 9.5/10
- Weight: 1.1
- power source: Battery powered
- No. of massage heads: 5
- Speeds: 1-4
- RPM: 1200-2800
- noise: 55-75dB
- battery life: 3 to 6 hours
- It comes with five different levels of intensity.
- It has eight different massage heads, which can be changed conveniently.
- The vibration level switch is right near your index finger.
- It comes in a wide variety of colors
- It has an excellent grip and lightweight
- The battery life may be reduced after using it for several months.
This massage gun comes with five interchangeable heads. Out of 5 interchangeable heads like flat, spinal, round, and two types of bullet heads, the round one has worked amazingly for me. I use a round head post-workout as it’s excellent for relaxing the muscles. The percussive motion of the gun helped me overcome muscle soreness. It releases the tension and stimulates deep tissue massage.
- Portability: It is a good massage gun to overcome sciatic pain as I could carry it to the gym and sports club. It helps relieve pressure on the nerves by gently loosening the tough tissues. I can operate it single-handedly as it has a fantastic grip.
- Power and speed: This massager is designed to send waves of relaxation and relief to the entire body. It sends 3000 strokes per minute (RPM) and 12mm amplitude. I was amazed it helps me to rejuvenate sore tissues and aching muscles. It delivers high penetration as it comes with a powerful motor.
- No. of heads and Design: I find this massage gun user-friendly as the vibrational level switch is handy and can be easily changed with the index finger. As it comes in 4 different colors, I believe it to be the perfect option to be gifted to an athlete or gym person. This massage gun comes with five interchangeable heads. Out of 5 interchangeable heads like flat, spinal, round, and two types of bullet heads, the round one has worked amazingly for me.
- Noise: The best thing I liked about this massage gun is that it is quiet (55-75 dB). I can carry it while traveling and at work as it doesn’t make a loud vibrational sound.
You might like to read : What Is A Geriatric Massage?
#3 TOLOCO Percussion Massage Gun
- Portability: 8.9/10
- Power and speed: 87./10
- No. of heads and Design: 8.6/10
- noise: 8.8/10
- Weight: 2.1 lbs
- power source: Battery powered
- No. of massage heads: 10
- Speeds: 20
- RPM: 3200
- noise: 40-50 dB
- battery life: +6 hrs
- It is excellent for muscle therapy
- The gun relaxes fascia and awakens the body vitality
- It comes with an LCD touch screen which helps in a proper and accurate display of power and speed
- The massager helps in restoring the proper physical condition
- It comes in three trendy colors black, gray, and silver.
- The battery life can disappoint you after some months
I find it to be lightweight as it weighs 2.1 LB. I can easily carry it while traveling or while working at the office. I can effortlessly store it in my bag, and it isn’t huge. I can use it efficiently with an ergonomic design that consists of a silicon handle. I grasped it easily, and it didn’t slip out of my hands.
- Portability: This massage gun is not only great to get rid of static pain but also amazing as it can be carried anywhere. I find it lightweight in comparison to other massage guns. It is just 2.1 lbs.
- Power and speed: This massage gun’s powerful high-frequency vibration stimulation helps me relieve fascia and stiff muscles. It relieves my soft tissues and helps me restore an excellent physical condition. It comes with 20 different speed levels, and I could adjust it properly as per my requirement.
- No. of heads Design: The gun comes with ten interchangeable massage tips, each targeting different muscle groups, which was amazing. Honestly, I used this massage gun for my sciatica pain and other parts of my body. This massage gun is designed in a unique pattern that all age groups can properly handle. I can easily adjust the speed as it is visible on the display screen.
- Noise: Being easy to carry doesn’t create unnecessary noise. It alleviates the pain without creating an irrational noise. The working noise of the massage gun is 40-50 dB.
#4 Headot Muscle Massage Gun
- Portability: 8.3/10
- Power and speed: 8.2/10
- No. of heads and Design: 8.5/10
- noise: 8.1/10
- Weight: 2.9 pounds
- power source: battery powered
- No. of massage heads: 10
- Speeds: 30-speed levels
- RPM: 4800
- Noise: 35dB – 55dB
- battery life: +2 hrs
- It comes with 30-speed modes
- It is equipped with 2400mAh high-quality rechargeable batteries.
- It can work for 6 hours after charging it
- The ergonomic silicone handle prevents slips and falls
- Handle it carefully as the LED screen can shatter if it falls.
It comes with ten replaceable massage heads. I could reach every muscle and provide a targeted massage for all the muscles. It helps me relieve pain and can easily reach everywhere. It provides me with a different massage experience.
- Portability: This message gun is my favorite as it is portable and weighs around 2 pounds. I carry it to the office or use it while traveling to relieve from pain.
- Power and speed: I use this massage to relieve myself with 30 different speed modes. I can easily change the speed as the speed is visible on the LED screen. It sends around 30 high-speed pulse pressure to the muscle tissue. It helped me in loosening the tight muscles.
- No. of heads and Design: This gun comes with ten massage heads for different target muscles of the body. They certainly helped me alleviate pain from different parts of the body. The ergonomic Silicon handle helped me better in gripping the massage gun. It also prevents any kind of slips and falls from my hand. It is designed totally as per the requirements of the user.
- Noise: I love using the super quiet massage tool as it comes with a 24V brushless motor and a unique quiet glide noise (35dB – 55dB) reduction technology. This technology helps in bringing high power but creates fewer disturbances.
You might like to read : Benefits of Massage Therapy for Seniors
#5 VYBE Massage Gun for Athletes
- Portability: 7.8/10
- Power and speed: 7.7/10
- No. of heads and Design: 7.6/10
- Noise: 7.9/10
- Weight: 3.5 pounds
- power source: Battery Powered
- No. of massage heads: 3
- Pressure: 60 lbs
- Speeds: 6
- RPM: 500 to 2400
- noise: 60-80 decibels
- battery life: 2 hours
- It provides 500-2400 strokes per minute.
- It comes with a touch trigger.
- It has a 90-degree rotating arm.
- It comes with a rechargeable battery.
- This massage gun is not water-resistant.
The handheld massage gun helps me loosen the tight muscles and ease the joint stiffness. It is highly effective in breaking the knots and soothing them. I found it to be perfect for myself as an athlete. I take it to the gym, football field, or on a long hike.
- Portability: I can use it everywhere on an airplane as it easily fits my backpack. It consists of a pair of rechargeable two-hour batteries, making it highly portable. It also has a carry case for traveling.
- Power and speed: I was utterly amazed when I used this massage gun as it is built with six fibration speeds which range from 500 to 2400 strokes per minute. It provides me with a deep massage as it has a perfect level of intensity which breaks the notes and relieves the tension.
- No. of heads and Design: These three tips or heads are: large ball, small ball, and deep tissue. All these three tips helped me in alleviating sciatica pain. Not just this, it also helped me with other regions of the body, such as the back, calf muscles, and neck. I found the design of this massage gun to be unique as it provides percussion massage until 16mm and surface-level message until 10mm. I could rotate it 90 degrees because of its rotating arm and ergonomic handle.
- Noise: I found that this massage gun makes some moderate noise. It is not irritating to the ears, and the noise level of the massage gun is 60 to 80 Decibels.
#6 Opove Massage Gun Deep Tissue Percussion Massager
- Portability: 7.2/10
- Power and speed: 7.1/10
- No. of heads and Design: 7.3/10
- noise: 7.4/10
- Weight: 2.2 lbs
- power source: battery powered
- No. of massage heads: 5
- Speeds: 3
- RPM: 2800
- noise: less voice
- battery life: 180 minutes
- It comes with a battery that works for 180 minutes when fully charged.
- The handle is ergonomic and can be easily grasped.
- It is lightweight, and its weight is only 2.2 lbs
- It comes in two different colors: gray and silver.
- You won’t be able to change the battery as it is non-removable.
I got five different massaging heads. I can change the massaging head as per the muscle soreness and pain. The cushion present in this massage gun helps to sleep properly and alleviate stress. It heightens comfort and helps in loosening the tight muscles.
- Portability: as it is lightweight, it is effortless for me to use it everywhere it weighs just 2.2 lbs. As it is handy to use and easy to carry, I use it for warm-up and recovery from workouts and daily massaging at home.
- Power and speed: It comes with 3-speed settings. I find it worth the money because it delivers around 2800 percussions per minute, which is helpful in massage and massage. It works for around 180 minutes when it is completely charged.
- No. of heads and Design: The gun comes with five massaging heads, making it perfect for those who experience different levels of soreness or pain. The cushioned head helped me relax my muscles and sleep peacefully. The design of this massage gun is more comfortable to use. I found it user-friendly, and it didn’t slip from my hand. I got a protective carrying case, which made it a good option for gifting.
- Noise: I find this muscle massage gun super quiet because of its unique quiet glide technology and 26V brushless high torque motor. I suggest this message to everybody because it is the quietest and doesn’t lead to any kind of irritational noise.
#7 REATHLETE Handheld Deep Tissue Massage Gun
- Portability: 6.8/10
- Power and speed: 6.6/10
- No. of heads and Design: 6.9/10
- Noise: 6.7/10
- Weight: 4.5 pounds
- power source: battery
- No. of massage heads: 5
- Speeds: 4
- RPM: 1200 – 3200
- Noise: 60dB
- Battery life: 6hrs
- It has a fantastic battery life of 6 hours
- It reaches the entire body and comes with an adjustable arm which gives special focus to the muscles
- It provides percussion therapy and comforts easily
- It is composed of chiropractic material that helps grasp the massage gun easily.
- The motor gets heated easily, and it takes time to reset it again
One thing that makes this product different is the trigger point massage chair. It gives me a deep tissue massage and combines four different intensities and touch controls. It allows me to customize muscle recovery effortlessly.
- Portability: I found that the powerful motor can relax me, and at the same time, the portable design allows me to carry it everywhere. I can store it in the bag, and it is simple for on-the-go use.
- Power and speed: This massage is battery-powered, and it relaxes my sore and aching muscles by providing me with long-lasting relief. The deep force motor works to 14mm amplitude. It passes a stroke of about 1200 to 3200 RPM, and the force ranges from 35 to 60 lbs which makes me overcome any kind of soreness.
- No. of heads and Design: The model of this massage gun is designed excellently. It comes with five different massaging heads to target different types of muscles. It provides a dual body grip, and I could use it on all the muscle groups.
- Noise: I was amazed when I used it as this massage gun worked silently. I find the motor in the massage gun to be powerful, but it doesn’t lead to any kind of irritating noise.
Massage guns need to be portable to use whenever we feel discomfort. Many massage guns make a noise that leads to irritation or discomfort. We need to look for massage guns that don’t create a loud noise. The seven products are the best ones as they help to ease sciatic nerve pain.
All these products have adequate speed and power, which eases the pain. All of these massage guns are user-friendly and handy to use.
They can be carried everywhere. It doesn’t if you are on a plane or sitting nearby the roadside; it works for a more extended period once it’s charged. Make sure you go through the detailed features of these products.
Let me highlight three options as a final summary of my review:
The best option is the Flyby F1Pro - Handheld Neck & Back Massager. This is because the massage gun comes with six different heads to target other muscles and alleviate the pain quickly. It is designed well, which I found to be useful as I could easily use it at six different muscle groups like a hammer, wedge, standard ball, large ball, spinal, and bullet.
The LifePro Sonic Handheld Percussion Massage Gun is another great choice. This massage gun comes with five interchangeable heads. Out of 5 interchangeable heads like flat, spinal, round, and two types of bullet heads, the round one has worked amazingly for me.
If you are looking for a value for money option, you can also consider the Headot Muscle Massage Gun, which offers 30 speed levels and 10 massage heads at a very reasonable price point.