Fibromyalgia or FMS is accompanied by severe pain and exhaustion. This is a long-lasting disease that affects body tissues and muscles. It can result due to many reasons including hereditary aspect.
Even though there is no definite treatment for this condition, but a slight modification in your lifestyle and certain medicines can minimize this condition to a great extent. It is recurring in women than men and is generally present in the age group of 30-60.
However, in certain cases, even old people and kids can suffer from this painful disease.
This condition has become very common all over the world and is affecting at least one in twenty people.
Symptoms visible in case of fibromyalgia
The common signs that ensure that you have fibromyalgia are
- Frequent pain all over your body
- Easily get tired and suffer from weakness
- Brain is unable to concentrate or remember anything properly
- Insomnia and problem in sleeping
- Frequent cramps and twisting of muscles
- Unable to maintain body balance
- Skin irritation and tingling effect
- Stomach disorders
- Severe headache or a migraine
In case you observe any of the above problems, then immediately consult a doctor or some specialist.
The symptoms can only help to prevent this problem from aggravating, as there is no proper test for diagnosis.
If detected on time, this problem can be controlled and monitored. This will help to alleviate the condition to a large extent in the future.
You need to take certain precautions from elevating the signs. Various factors like extreme weather conditions especially low temperature can worsen the situation.
Factors which can stimulate fibromyalgia signs
There are numerous factors other than temperature changes, which can elevate your problem. You need to know these conditions to avoid any repercussion of fibromyalgia.
The factors include allergic reaction to certain fragrance, medicines, food and even noise. These things can cause heart problems, dizziness, sweating, and inability to breathe.
Once you have this problem, you need to be alert and avoid anything that can heighten the symptoms.
In the end, these problems can take a fatal turn. Your responsibility is to take maximum care of yourself or some family member who is suffering from this ailment.
Since there is no particular treatment, you need to avoid any factor that can result in hypersensitivity.
There is a great chance that you may not have allergies before and can develop this sensitivity with this disease.
What causes fibromyalgia
It is important to understand the reasons that result in this condition. The benefit of knowing the cause helps in understanding as well as reducing the probability of having this problem. As you know, even a slight health issue can affect our daily life.
As far as this problem goes, it involves a lot of health problems that can have an adverse effect on everyday activities.
This disease can influence your memory, you may have a problem in recalling things. You may even go into depression or suffer from severe anxiety.
Even though there is no specific reason that can result in this problem, yet some of the factors involved are
– Genetic factor plays a major role in this condition. If there is somebody from your family who had this intolerance towards pain, then there is a great chance that you may inculcate it at any stage in your life.
– Stress is the main cause of all our problems. If you suffered from any problem in the past that had a great impact on you, then you are more likely to have fibromyalgia.
– People who suffer from constant sleep troubles are also at the trigger point of this problem.
– The physical, as well as psychological shock, can aggravate the possibilities.
– Even bacterial overgrowth in the intestines can develop this condition.
– The hormonal fluctuations can trigger the chances of fibromyalgia in women.
How to detect this ailment
There is no definitive test to detect fibromyalgia. This has been a major point of debate in the medical history. The diagnostic methods are often confused with that of arthritis, joint problem or osteoporosis.
Several medications that are given to the above problems can worsen your situation. The American College of Rheumatology detected this condition on the basis of two standards:
– They started observing the patients for a period of 90 days. If the pain continues beyond this period, then you are likely to have this problem. It involved checking pain all over the body.
– The diagnosis process also depends on the 18 trigger points that are present in your body.
However, this method is not into practice as often, the pain started spreading beyond these points.
– Presently the doctor considers all the symptoms, history and sometimes, the trigger points to detect this problem.
How to manage this condition
The treatment procedure is identical to the diagnosis process. Here also, there is not a particular medicine to cure fibromyalgia.
You can only constrain the symptoms and try to minimize them; this will alleviate your condition.
You need to monitor your health in a systematic manner. Along with the medicines, you can go for certain therapies and exercises. The systematic approach include
– Creating awareness about this problem, its signs, and management
– You can go for psychological therapies to understand and treat depression or anxiety.
– Your doctor can prescribe medicines to lessen your pain or solve your sleeping problem.
– Along with the medicines, you can go to acupuncture, massage therapy, and yoga. These therapies can relieve you from stress as well as pain.
– Consume a healthy diet and stay away from excess caffeine
– Do regular exercises and meditation to remain fit.
– You can also engage yourself in activities that make you happy and lower the stress levels.
– Lastly, the support of your family and friends is very important to tackle this problem.
This condition often results in extreme frustration and you are more likely to go into depression.
Therefore, engage in learning and spreading awareness about this problem because you are not alone in this fight!
0 thoughts on “True Facts & Ways To Manage & Treat Fibromyalgia”
I am new to this …. A month ago i was told i had fibro after years of suffering and not knowing why i was constantly exhausted and in pain ….My doctor was very unsympathetic telling me it was my time of life as i’m 51 and had a hysterectomy when i was 37 ….My symptom for over S year wasn’t being able to sleep..Which drove me total distraction…I got cranky every day with my nearest and dearest lose some friends, never understanding why ..FINALLY got my app with a Rheumatologist and he told me…Well YIPPEE..Thank god its not me going mad…….I have since been put on Muscle relaxant. At night time and sleep. Beautifully Now …But my pains and exhaustion in the day time is still the same..In fact its worse…So i am once again Frustrated…..But ONWARDS AN UPWARDS….I AM ALIVE…
you call this living?
I was diagnosed years ago after suffering the symptoms for years prior. What has helped was journaling with marking the time of arising, how I felt, all my intake (ie: what medications taken when & what & when I ate), what I felt like, & what activities or inactivity (even laying down at what positions), using what therapy (moist heat – only use moist, ice Tens unit, etc). YES, it can be overwhelming at first but then I found it got easier. Then use this as a guide to compare the triggers. Found out that my trigger can be as simple as loud noises, strong odors, flashing & bright lights, a hug, and certain foods. I consider my self as having sensory sensitivity. ALSO, was able to wean myself off narcotic pain killers & valium (for muscle spasms) after stopping statins for high cholesterol. All this “work” has paid off for at least the last 2 years. Only use my walker rarely & don’t have to use my cane as often. My quality of life is much better altho’ still have problems dealing with negative stress.