We have collected a list of must know places that offer senior discounts across 17 categories including retail, travel, hospitality, gas/electricity, and many more!
As a senior, you are eligible to get discounts from different business and service providers. However, most older adults don’t have education about senior discounts and how to avail themselves and ask for them.
A senior discount is a wonderful way to improve your spending and saving techniques, along with enjoying the benefits you get being an older adult. Across the US, many stores such as LensCrafters and UPS offer senior discounts and AARP member’s service every day.
Other small or local stores also provide these services to seniors. People can use many restaurants that offer special services and additional savings to retired seniors as veteran discounts. You should take advantage of these discounts that help you spend less and save more even during your retirement.
Below is a quick list of the best places and companies that offer senior discounts.
List of Places Where Seniors Can Get the Best Discount Includes:
- Healthcare or clinic
- Car rental
- Insurance company
- Travel agency
- Groceries stores
- Retail store
- Transportation discounts
- Cruises senior discounts
- Technology discounts
- Finance discounts
- Cell phone discounts
- internet discounts
- Gas discounts
- Leisure Activity and Entertainment
Healthcare And Pharmacies That Offer Senior Discounts
Suppose you are an older adult that is looking for a way to save money on your medications and your healthcare provider fees. Numerous free online tools help track a person’s health and offer senior discounts.
You can get these services with or without an AARP card to save on your medical supplies. Places, where a senior discount is available, are:
- Atera Spas offers older adults discounts that vary when they place their medication online.
- At CVS Pharmacy, you can save on all medications using the RX discount card.
- CareLinx In-Home Care is a caregiving service provider which helps seniors with AARP cards by offering 3% discounts on their services.
- GoodRx is another online pharmacy that offers GoodRx coupon prices to consumers and helps them save on their medications more.
- HearUSA Hearing Shop provides seniors with 15% discounts on hearing aids and other items.
Restaurants And Stores That Offer Senior Discounts
Across the US, many restaurants and stores offer senior discounts on drinks, foods, or meals includes:
- Bonefish Grill offers their senior customer a discount of 10% on foods, drinks, and nonalcoholic beverages.
- Brusters offers 25% off on food items to older adults over 60 using the ‘Kid At Heart’ card.
- Carrabba’s Italian Grill provides AARP members with the opportunity to save 10% on food and other drinks.
- Chart House is a restaurant that offers senior 10% discounts on food.
- Corky’s Homestyle Kitchen & Bakery offers a special service for seniors. The restaurant also offers Frequent Diner service for single meal purchases for seniors.
- Corner Bakery Cafe gives AARP members a chance to save 10% on their total bill. However, this discount does not apply to delivery orders.
- Denny’s offers a senior discount of 15% on their meals. Seniors with AARP cards can enjoy this service but not on the curbside.
- Landry’s Seafood offers a senior discount of 10% on food, meal, and nonalcoholic beverages.
Generally, most big car rental chains offer their older adults a discount or free upgrade. However, some car rental companies offer senior discounts only to AARP members.
- Alamo Rent-a-car offers its senior customers aged 50 and above many exclusive discounts.
- Budget Rent A Car provides seniors with a discount of up to 30%, and for AARP members, an additional driver is free.
- Hertz offers their senior customer an exclusive discount of 20% and more services for seniors with AARP cards.
- Zipcar Car Sharing offers older citizens 43% off on annual Zipcar membership, and AARP members can get $40 in their free driving credit.
- Avis Rent A Car offers people with AARP cards a deal to save up to 30% on car rent and free upgrade.
- Budget Truck Rental offers AARP members a deal to save 10% to 20% off on truck rent.
Hotels With Senior Discount
Save on your hotel rate with a senior discount. Many hotel chains offer discount services and additional benefits for people above or age 50. Hotels also provide senior discount days for exclusive discounts and benefits.
- Ascend Hotel Collection offers deals that help seniors save up to 10% on their Hotel staying rates.
- AmericInn by Wyndham offers the best deal on the available rate for guests age 60; seniors can save up to 10% off on their room. An AARP member can get more benefits from Hotel senior discounts.
- Baymont by Wyndham also offers a discount of 10% to the Hotel to the senior guests. It helps guests to enjoy their savings at the best available rate.
- Best Western is an excellent hotel that offers a senior discount of up to 15%. Seniors with AARP membership can save from 5% to 15% on best possible rates at Best Western. When they join Best Western Rewards, people with AARP members can also get 10% bonus points from Best Western.
- Comfort Inn offers 10% off on the best available rate for AARP members.
When taking insurance for your home, vehicle, or healthcare, ask for a senior discount. There are many options of insurance with a senior discount available for you.
- Dental Insurance Plan administered by Delta Dental Insurance Company offers a senior discount for AARP members on the insurance coverage on dental procedures.
- Homeowners Insurance Program from The Hartford provides home insurance coverage with a senior discount for AARP members.
- Life Insurance Program from New York Life provides seniors free life insurance and the opportunity to apply for in-term life insurance up to $100,000.
- The Auto Insurance Program from Hartford provides coverage on vehicles for AARP members and offers other services for seniors.
- Medicare Plans from UnitedHealthcare offer seniors a plan that helps them cover out-of-pocket costs.
Seniors can get discounts from flights to cruises as most of them offer senior discounts all time while some offer during discount days. You can get most of the senior discount through phone while.
- Royal Caribbean may offer adults above 55 a senior pricing for travelling on specific sails. To avail of the senior discount, choose the “Senior(Age 55+)” option during the booking process.
- Carnival provides exclusive savings deals for seniors aged 55 or above.
- Capitol Corridor offers senior 15% discounts on their tickets.
- Medjet Travel Protection offers a discount for AARP members in which they can save up to 20% when transferring from the hospital.
- Trailways provides a senior age 65 a discount offer of 10% off on the regular price of adult fares and ticket prices.
- Vacations By Rail offer their senior customer 5% off on more than forty rail vacations and train tickets.
Seniors can enjoy senior discounts on groceries from both in-store and online stores. You can ask for a senior discount from your local store if they provide any. Some stores offer a senior discount on groceries includes:
- Harris Teeter proposes a discount of 5% every Thursday for anyone aged 60.
- Amazon Prime offers its senior qualifying customer with EBT or Medicaid cards a discount price of $5.99 per month.
- 1-800-Baskets.com offers AARP members a deal of purchasing items worth $79.99 or more to save 20% off or get $20. This discount is valid for groceries, not for wine.
- American Discount Foods offers a limited discount every Monday for seniors aged 62 or older as senior day. Seniors can get a discount of 10% on the total purchase.
- Christopher & Bank propose an exclusive discount of 10% every Wednesday for seniors aged 60 and above.
Seniors can get a wide range of discounts from local retail shops and online stores. Ask your local retail shop if they offer any senior discount.
- Ace hardware offers its senior customers 10% off every Thursday.
- Joann provides a discount of 20% on total purchases for seniors aged 55 or older.
- Kohl’s offers a 15% discount on total purchases every Wednesday for seniors 60 years of age.
- Rite Aid proposes a free program specialized for seniors that include a discount of 20% on wellness65+ on the first Wednesday of each month and a pharmacist consultation free of cost.
- Tanger Outlets offers a free Tanger coupon book that contains savings offers up to $1,000 from brand-name retailers only for seniors with AARP membership.
- The Popcorn Factory offers senior 20% discount sitewide, and seniors with an AARP member card will receive $20 on the spending of $79.99 or more.
Receive a senior discount on transportation from public transport authority, including:
- Metropolitan Transport System (MTS) offers senior citizens aged 65+ reduced transport fares and free passes.
- Capital Area Transportation Authority (CATA) provides a CATAClub card that senior citizens of age 62 can use to access its benefits, such as reduced fares.
- Regional Transportation Authority (RTA) offers the RTA reduced fares to all seniors of age 65 and older. However, seniors enrolled in the Illinois Department can get more benefits from the RTA Ride Free program.
- Steamship Authority offers a discount available for seniors aged 65 years or older and residents of any of the following: Nantucket, Martha’s Vineyard, Barnstable, or Falmouth.
- LeeTran offers senior discounts to passengers of age 65 or older by using a TropiCard.
Seniors can receive great offers and discounts from many cruise packages. Senior discounts available on cruises include:
- Collette Cruise Tours proposes a deal for AARP members that is a discount of $50 per individual on all cruise tours.
- Best Price Cruise offers their senior customer discount fares on select cruises. The discount may vary according to the deal available for seniors.
- Celebrity Cruise offers discounts to senior passengers on select itineraries. You can see the available discount once you select a cruise, the number of passengers, and rooms.
- American Discount Cruise & Travel provides their senior customer with a discount after selecting cruise and dates.
- Grand European Travel offers their customers with AARP members a discount in which they can save $100 per individual on any Uniworld river cruise.
Using an AARP membership card, seniors also get discounts on antivirus software, wearables, and more devices.
- Identity Theft Protection by NortonLifeLock offers seniors a discount on their monthly plans. The plans cost $7.99 per month and help protect the identity and secure your connected devices from malware and virus.
- GreatCall offers their seniors with AARP member cards a discount of $60 on annual subscription on health and safety packages on devices or wearables.
- GrandPad, Powered by Consumer Cellular offers seniors a discount of up to 5% on monthly fees.
- Lenovo provides a senior discount on ThinkPad and PCS.
- Philips Lifeline offers AARP members free shipping and 15% off on medical alert service.
- Norton 360 Protection offers seniors with AARP members a discount of 25% on a monthly rate.
Access to the senior discount on your finances with AARP membership.
- AARP Money Map helps seniors get their finances back on track with a discount.
- AARP Fraud Watch Network helps seniors aged 55 or above to spot and avoid scams such as identity theft, holiday scams, and investment fraud.
- AARP Social Security Resource Center offers seniors education on social security retirement benefits and more questions.
- Citizen Bank Savings offers exclusive savings accounts with more benefits for seniors ages 55+.
- Annuity Marketplace powered by Blueprint Income helps seniors to access an online marketplace of annuities and receive their returns from high-rated insurers.
- Health Savings Account offered by Optum Bank offers people with AARP membership tax benefits when they save their fortune for qualified medical expenses.
Cell phone discounts
Not many cell phone companies offer senior discounts. However, there are some cell phone companies with the best senior discount plan.
- Consumer Cellular offers seniors with AARP member cards a discount of 5% on monthly fees.
- AT&T Unlimited 55+ offers seniors from Florida aged 55 or more a special deal. They offer two lines with unlimited talk, text, and data for $40 monthly per line.
- T-Mobile offers unlimited plans for senior customers.
- Verizon provides special offers for seniors aged 55 or older.
Internet plans with senior discounts
Get a senior discount on Internet plans.
- Spectrum Internet offers seniors age 65+ a High-speed internet plan at a lower price.
- Internet Essentials from Comcast provide affordable internet for seniors with required qualifications. They also offer the option of purchasing devices such as laptops at a discounted price.
- CenturyLink offers residents of Arizona age 65 or older a discount of $9.25 monthly with additional discounts.
Gas & Auto Services with discounts
Get senior discounts at gas and auto services.
- CarFit offers tips on how you can adjust your fit within your car to ensure safety and comfort.
- Exxon Mobil offers the option to link the Exxon Mobil Rewards™ account with your AARP membership so you can earn more points on the thing you already purchased.
- JiffyLube offers a senior discount on auto services. The discount offer may vary from region to region.
- Sun Auto Service offers an exclusive senior discount to their customers aged 65+.
- Smart DriveTEK helps seniors to learn all about the latest safety features in their current car.
- The University of Arkansas provides waiver tuition and other fees to seniors age 60 or older.
- The University of Scranton offers seniors an audit course at no tuition fees; it also provides other courses at a 50% discount rate of tuition.
- Alamo colleges offer courses at reduced tuition cost to seniors aged 65 or older.
- University of Colorado, Denver, the resident seniors can enrol in non-credit classes or courses with no tuition fees.
- Simpson College offers non-credit classes to seniors aged 65 and older with no tuition fees.
Leisure Activity and Entertainment on discounts
Get a discount on theatres and parks with an AARP membership. Many locations offer senior discounts and require only a person’s age proof.
- Marcus Theaters offers a discount of $6.00 for any show and movie that starts before 5:30 pm for seniors aged 60 or above.
- Movie Tavern also offers a discount of $6.00 to the seniors aged 60+ for any show that starts before 5:30 pm.
- Ancestry offers AARP members a discount of 30% on a World Explorer subscription or on the first year of an All-Access of Ancestry.
- The Art Museum of Chicago offers a discount rate to seniors aged 65+.
- Audible offers a discount of $2 on monthly membership for seniors with AARP member cards.
- California State Parks Pass offers a discount of $1.00 on vehicle day use and receives $2.00 on family camping in the parks for seniors aged 62+.
The consumer’s age should be at least 50 to 65 and above to enjoy senior discounts on items as most places offer discounts based on this criteria.
If you yearn to maximize your savings during retirement, you should utilize a senior discount. You can ask for special services or discounts at many places across the United States, including parks, restaurants, grocery, retail, and more locations.
We hope this list of places where seniors get discounts will help you get great deals and save a pretty penny for you! If you avail of these discounts, do let us know about the experience. And please share this article with others in need!